• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 942wdSC

1. My 4.0ohv turbo build thread

Did you do valve springs or anything extra?
  2. Ignition won't turn on unless i have my radio plugged in.

Help i just swapped a manual transmission into my truck and it cranked before i plugged in the radio but now ever since it won't start unless the head unit is plugged in and you can hear the amp from the radio buzzing loudly
  3. Harmonic balancer Auto vs Manual

Hi I am currently swapping an M5R1 into my 1994 4.0 OHV and I was wondering if you had to chaange the harmonic balancer or does it balance it using the flywheel?
  4. Gauge cluster

Would I be able to take a 2006 ranger gauge cluster and swap it over to my 1994 ranger with little modification?
  5. 4.0 Ohv louder at motor then exhaust?

Ok thanks ?
  6. 4.0 Ohv louder at motor then exhaust?

Also I think it's only a 2 inch and it's probably not helping the fact of that matter do you think 2 inch is a little too restrictive or should I be fine?
  7. 4.0 Ohv louder at motor then exhaust?

Yep ordered off of rockauto is that why??
  8. 4.0 Ohv louder at motor then exhaust?

I really don't know how to describe it it doesn't sound like a fan or anything abnormal it just sounds louder up at the motor compared to the exhaust
  9. 4.0 Ohv louder at motor then exhaust?

I actually got new manifolds I pretty much threw a whole new top end on the truck and it doesn't sound different it's just loud
  10. 4.0 Ohv louder at motor then exhaust?

Hi just wondering are the Ohv 4.0's normally motor loud trucks or does it sound like i have a leak i checked all the bolts they're tight and feel no exhaust coming out anywhere just wondering if i have an issue or they're loud motors?
  11. Supercharger for a 4.0 OHV

See if I make my own adapter plate it should work correct?
  12. Supercharger for a 4.0 OHV

Just curious can you take an old Pontiac GTP supercharger and run it on the 4.0 OHV?
  13. Freeze plug problems?

I have a 94 4.0 liter 2 wheel drive ranger and i got a coolant leak i'm pretty sure it's the freeze plug on the drivers side under the motor mount but can't fully see did these motors ever typically do this (It has 178,000 miles).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad