• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 94firstranger

1. 31 spline 8.8 - do all disc brakes have an "internal" parking brake?

All, I recently deviated from Rangers and bought a CJ7 to tinker with. The PO installed an 8.8 from an explorer. He welded the tubes and had Mitchell Differential build new axle shafts with a 5x5.5 bolt pattern to match the D44 in the front. The axle has rotors drilled for this and I believe...
  2. Part # for 4.0L M5R1 bolt plate?

All, my A4LD works fine for now, but when it goes, I want to swap in a M5R1 in my 94 4.0L 4x4. I'm slowly getting parts for the swap. I cannot find an available engine bolt plate anywhere. I am not even sure if that is what it's actually called (bolt plate? starter index plate?). Does anyone...
  3. Bushings for Skyjacker sway bar links?

I've got a set of Skyjacker sway bar end links and need to replace the bushings in them. I attempted to make a quick-disconnect setup by drilling a hole in the bolt and using a cotter pin. It worked, but chewed up the red bushing b/c I wasn't smart enough to put a washer on there. Ugh. The...
  4. Shiftster + 4WD lights

I think I am going to get a Shiftster for my '94 4x4. The motor makes me nervous and this will hold me over until I swap in an actual 1354M. Looks like Advanced Adapters sells them. Question for those with one - if I use the Shiftster to engage 4H or 4L, will the dash lights come on, or is that...
  5. What is this mystery box? 94 4.0L

All, I am not a car person (but trying to be one). While digging under the hood of my 94 Ranger 4.0L 4x4, I saw this box between the battery and the radiator (on driver's side) and a disconnected line. Looks like the rubber elbow is rotted. I followed the line and it appears to connect around...
  6. A4LD to M5R1 swap - 4x4-specific computer?

Al, I have a 1994 Ranger XLT 4.0L 4x4 with an A4LD and electric shift 4x4. I want to swap to an M5R1 when the A4LD dies and am gathering parts. I have 2 questions about swapping the computer: 1) Are there 4x4-specific computers, or does the computer just need to come from a '94 4.0L Ranger w/...
  7. I found this sensor, what is it?

Hi all, while trying to get some aftermarket lights to work, I found this small black circular sensor. It is taped to the hood latch cable and was sitting in front of the radiator (not mounted - just lying there). I traced it back to the cab and the other end of the black wire appears to have...
  8. '94 4x4 - Good idea to swap A4LD to M5R1?

I have a 1994 Ranger 4.0L 4x4 with 170k on it and the A4LD transmission (also has 6" lift, 4.56 gears, and 33s for what it's worth). Runs fine, no problems, but it has high miles and I am thinking of the future. I've read the tech articles on swapping in a manual. I am not a gearhead and will...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad