• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 97ranger xlt

1. 97ranger xlt

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

aired up the tires so hoping for 1/4 mile extra per gallon.... :shok:
  2. 97ranger xlt

What was your 1st car?

72 Chevy Impala 350 V8 2 door
  3. 97ranger xlt

Replacing 4x4CM..... part numbers and compatibility?

i've been having some of the same issue. disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few minutes re-attached and 4x4 works. this is intermittent...
  4. 97ranger xlt

2001 hung in 4 low...

Believe you need to have the brakes on as well as trans in neutral to shift out of 4x4 low..
  5. 97ranger xlt

Daks over Normandy

cannot imagine the horrors those brave men faced going ashore that day.
  6. 97ranger xlt

What OBD II Scanner to use? '05 Ranger Edge, 2WD Stick Shift

i got one off e-bay for very few $$. it was mailed from hong kong. works fine for reading just the basic generic codes and clearing that pesky CEL. check e-bay.
  7. 97ranger xlt

Battery group sizes.

fwiw, i got a group 59 interstate a couple of years ago. it worked fine when starting the 4.0 engine this winter in zero deg F temps.
  8. 97ranger xlt

Is this legal? Insurance question...

were you ever in the service? if so you could get usaa. i tell them i'm doing 7k miles a year in my '02 ranger and even that is exaggerating lol
  9. 97ranger xlt

whats your favorite "all terrain" tire

wow that's something. sorry for what happened to you. i have been running on kumho a/t's for over 2 years now with zero problems and the tread is also holding up.... sounds like they are not very consistent so will cross fingers here, but sofar they have been a very good tire in my opinion...
  10. 97ranger xlt

whats your favorite "all terrain" tire

i've been running the kumho road venture at 51's for over 2 years now. no complaints about performance on wet or dry pavement and very very good in snow..they are snow/mountain rated. don't usually go off road so no good experience there. they replaced firestone destination a/t's which were also...
  11. 97ranger xlt

Help purchasing, what do you guys think about this ranger?

nice lookin.. you'll be happy you got an extended cab model.
  12. 97ranger xlt

too bad no good rangers available but you were probably not the only one in the market for a rust free truck.... so they likely go quick if in good shape. that dealer with the gold one had some crazy idea about price for that condition. i presume i could not get anywhere near 6K for mine around...
  13. 97ranger xlt

the gold one with the cap was rusted out? or a different one?
  14. 97ranger xlt

good you are getting it inspected. keep in mind there are literally 1000's and 1000's of used vehicles on the market so don't be afraid to get tough with a dealer and be prepared to walk. you may be surprised at what kind of deal you can get. cash talks. unfortunately we both live in areas...
  15. 97ranger xlt

Yes, another poor mileage 4.0

70mph highway may not be the best for mpgs but on the other hand since you are in tampa the cold is not a factor applicable to you! i know up here in this freakin arctic weather we have my truck gets crap for mpg's, together with the lousy ethanol laced fuel making it even worse. if i get 15 mpg...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad