• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 98pitranger

1. 28/31 spline 8.8 Same ring and pinion set?

"Gear sets are interchangeable between axles, regardless of the spline count. Differentials, however, are not.". ??? I have read so many forums with different answers for this but I want to know for sure. I have a 28 spline 8.8 rear end from a ranger with 4.10 gears and a 31 spline rear end...
  2. 88 Ranger Dana 28 - Dana 44 TTB Swap

how bad would the wind drag lower my mpg? say if i get 20 highway/ 16-17 city. this is kinda my make or break decision. if it only changes it a couple mpg then ill go with it but if it is like a 5 mpg difference ill have to probably narrow the axles.
  3. 88 Ranger Dana 28 - Dana 44 TTB Swap

thanks for the reply, i will search more in the forums for FW D44 TTB swaps. one small question regarding mpg, if i did the swap and kept the stock gearing and tire size (31) would the weight of the axle itself lower my mileage significantly? thank you.
  4. 88 Ranger Dana 28 - Dana 44 TTB Swap

extra info - ranger has a 3 inch body lift and bronco has a 6 inch suspension lift. so everything should clear, just curious how much would be bolt on and how much fab would be required
  5. 88 Ranger Dana 28 - Dana 44 TTB Swap

I have a 88 Ranger 4x4 Xcab with a 4.0 v6 swap done already, but its got the sissy lala Dana 28's. I also have a 90 full size bronco with some pretty TTB Dana 44's under it and i believe a 8 inch or 8.8 in the rear, i have been looking at them for some time now. I dont want to narrow my axles...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad