• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ABSOLOOT LOONASEA

1. can anyone tell me how to bypass the windshield wiper interval governor so I can have windshield wipers

actually, after putting the governor back in I do have wipers, high speed only, but I do have wipers. It's a '90 2.3L. I re-soldered all the contacts in the governor but that didn't help any.
  2. can anyone tell me how to bypass the windshield wiper interval governor so I can have windshield wipers

I am giving up on having interval windshield wipers so now I'm wondering how do I bypass the governor just so I can have standard working windshield wipers
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1990 Ranger 2.3L A/C replacement

thanks Man I appreciate your help i'm gonna give it a shot and see what happens.
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1990 Ranger 2.3L A/C replacement

hello, I have got a 1990 Ranger 2.3 liter and I need to replace the air conditioner compressor, I want to replace pretty much the whole system except for the lines. I've been online looking and I can't find anything listed for a 2.3, does anyone know why an air conditioner compressor for a 2.9...
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) transmission plugs leaking mazda 5-speed manual

Yeah, I've since learned that you can still get the rubber ones too. I only have one plug leaking, the one on the left end. It is easy to get to that plug one from under the truck. I'm going to replace just that one for now. I appreciate your reply!
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) transmission plugs leaking mazda 5-speed manual

Yes, I saw a video on You Tube and it's a job to replace them. I'm gonna replace them next week. Thanx for your reply!
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) transmission plugs leaking mazda 5-speed manual

There are 3 rubber plugs on top of my trans. just below the shifter and they are leaking. Can anyone tell me what the name of these plugs are and where I may find some new ones?
  8. 1990 Ranger windshield wiper proble,

Hi Ron, I'm talking about the fuse/relay in the under dash drop down fuse box. Had no idea that there was such a thing as an interval governor. Where is it? I'll check it out.
  9. 1990 Ranger windshield wiper proble,

wipers won't turn off as long as switch is on. Replaced relay in fuse box but made no difference so I put the old one back in. With the cover off the relay I can touch the contact on it and the wipers work but I have to hold it for them to keep working. As soon as I stop touching it the wipers...
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Electrical Problem I can't figure out.

Today I did some more testing and found...When I ground #1 wire on the fuel pump relay with a jumper wire to the battery-, the check engine light comes on, the fuel pump runs and the truck will start and run. I checked the white w/blk. wire going from the ign. switch to the EEC and there is...
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) Electrical Problem I can't figure out.

At the EEC relay I probed the wire from the ignition switch, #2 and it showed 12.19 volts, I then probed wire #3 output voltage to the computer and got 11.31 volts. I have two red wires going into the computer I probed each one with the key on and they both showed 11.31 volts
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) Electrical Problem I can't figure out.

I have checked and rechecked everything to the point that it's no use to keep checking. I replaced the fuel pump relay but it made no difference, this no fire problem has only been since I swapped computers. The truck would start and run with a jumper wire in place but it would not start with...
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) Electrical Problem I can't figure out.

No, it hasn't been that way for very long, it was coming on and the truck would start and run as long as I had the jumper wire in place. It hasn't come on since I tried the reman. ECM. I returned the ECM and put my computer back in, no spark since then.
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) Electrical Problem I can't figure out.

I was looking at a different thread and learned that when the key is turned on the check engine light should come on showing that the computer is powered up. I went out a checked that and saw that my CEL doesn't come on when I turn the key on. I wonder what's gonna happen next.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad