• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by acousticrawk

1. miata engine??

ok, IF i run a cat. itll proally be hi-flow.... but proally wont run one cause im nto that much of a hippie... and other things ive done for this country should cover the small amoutn of smag ill make... haha. 20% increase is good, im looking foward to opening it up and running a new engine with...
  2. miata engine??

sweet. that sounds good. i asked a tuner shop today (felt kinda gay in there...alot of F&F stuff and chotch's) and they said that the header that the 93's and newer have is already a great header. they said that just matching the heads and header will help tons because that header is already...
  3. some stoopid electrical proplems

ok, so my 93 is having a gas guage problem. i think it is working when the truck is off cause it reeds what i believe to be the fuel level, but when the truck is on, it reads E no matter what. any ideas? also, the headlight swith is bad, and its had a ghetto jump wire put in and now a new...
  4. miata engine??

can i get some links to places to look at a cam, and a tuneable header? how do i check the back pressure of in the header? yeah i called, the head work alone is 450, i think ill port match the heads myself. haha, yeah, definately do it myself. going to do everything minus the machining of the...
  5. miata engine??

yeah, my exhaust manifold looks like a tube header. im going to wrap them in header wrap after i finish up the engine. i think i might run a thrush glasspack. we'll see. and i thik there 2 1/2" i/o size....is that to big for the whole exhaust? i was thinking about 2 1/4 for the whole thing...
  6. slopppppppy shifter

i have a Mazda M5OD-R1 in my 93 3.4 2wd ranger, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do to take the slop out of the shift. BTW, the tranny has over 200,000 miles on it and the gears are noisey! haha, just needs a fluid change i think, nothing grinds or is hard to shift at all, just...
  7. miata engine??

yeah, im not up for all that. im just going to keep my NA 2.3. it has 250,000 miles on it, i fogure, if i can drop in a new engine with some good head work, and a good intake and exhaust, i can get another 250,000 miles and some more ponies out of it. how much HP gain do you think i could get...
  8. miata engine??

ok, so i answered my own question, i have a DSP head. haha. i think im just going to run the NA engine, but a new one, w/ a good intake and exhaust, have the head decked to raise the compression, port polish ect. and just keep it stock from there. also, ill port match the intake and exhaust...
  9. miata engine??

yeah, the 2.3t is what im thinking. what exactly would i need to buy? and whats the difference between the dual spark plug head and the single? is the dual for the turbo engine? is the turbo engine pretty reliable? cause this is going to be a DD too, kinda, ill have a second vehicle. i have a...
  10. miata engine??

what would be a strong, decent HP and torqu 4cylinder to swap in, that is already on a RWD platform.
  11. miata engine??

miata's are RWD im pretty sure. im not much into tuners, but ive heard good stuff about that engine.
  12. miata engine??

maybe a dumb question, but i got the new grassroots today, and...well, i noticed alot of miata engine swaps have been done in cars. would it be worth while in a ranger? im sure itd fit, and DOHC with some good ponies... and still pretty good gas mileage for my prerunner.... just seeing if im...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad