• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Adderall

1. Hydraulics or transmission

This might be my next fun project. That, and a power steering pump haha.
  2. Pinch bolt on front left ball joint stuck tight

He sees about 30 rangers owned by local farmers so I didn’t think anything of it. The design is horrible if that’s the case - tons of room from the front to access the bolts. On a side note, the AC Delco replacement pinch bolts that I bought, which are supposed to fit, are too large for the...
  3. Pinch bolt on front left ball joint stuck tight

Alignment guy called and asked if my I-beams were backwards because the pinch bolts are supposed to thread in from the front. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
  4. Pinch bolt on front left ball joint stuck tight

30" SK breaker bar made life easier. Before I used the breaker though, I put a huge Wilton C clamp on the beam, using a 30mm socket over the bolt head, I pinched the thing even tighter, which helped pop the rusted bolt loose from the smooth side.
  5. Pinch bolt on front left ball joint stuck tight

Finally got them loose. That was fun. They’re supposed to be 15mm but they were so corroded that when I stripped the rust off, I was able to hammer a 9/16 socket on and use that instead.
  6. Picture request - 1991 parking brake cable tension adjuster spring

I would strongly recommend, if you’re going into the drums, getting a spring kit from Advance or Autozone. Also, get the spring tool, it makes life easier. They’re pretty cheap.
  7. Picture request - 1991 parking brake cable tension adjuster spring

So one cable, the longer, is going to pass over the rear differential, through a clamp that also houses a brake line splitter. The drivers side cable has a plastic hanger, gone from my ranger, then goes into the hub where it connects to a parking brake arm. Everything on my car was so corroded...
  8. Picture request - 1991 parking brake cable tension adjuster spring

Hooked to your frame or hooked inside the drums?
  9. Pinch bolt on front left ball joint stuck tight

I haven’t had much luck with PB Blaster, but great luck with Kroil. I was planning on adding Gibbs or Mouse Milk to the rotation. The cleaning and oiling process has been ongoing since spring. If nothing else works, I’ll just cut the pinch bolt then drill it out, and make new threads. The truck...
  10. Pinch bolt on front left ball joint stuck tight

That’s no joke. When I first started it looked like it was recovered from the Titanic. Now you can see the cam spindle, and pinch. Several hours of Kroil, wire wheels, heat, and refrigerant.
  11. which leaf springs should I get?

Also, what brand?
  12. New - 94 Ranger Splash

Bought it for a beater truck. 2WD 3.0 5spd. Needs a lot of help. I already put a new carpet in and cleaned up the seat brackets, but the seats still smell like 20 years of obese farts, and are permanently sweat stained. AC was removed by the previous owner and the exhaust is halfway removed by...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad