Recent content by adsm08

1. adsm08

Volvo EPAS Conversion

I wonder if I could use one of these on my tractor. I need a manual diverter valve that can switch the direction of the flow.
  2. adsm08

vacuum advance

The crank sensor can only tell the computer when cylinder 1 is coming up to TDC, which is all you need to know for a batch fire injection system. To do sequential you need to know where the cam is as well so you can find the compression stroke. The cam sensor tells the computer where the cam...
  3. adsm08

Tdi conversion kit for Ranger. Want one?

I'm not familiar with this starter. Would it be possible to remove the gear and flip it over?
  4. adsm08

vacuum advance

How is your fuel pressure. If you can, test it while driving down the road.
  5. adsm08

vacuum advance

The transmission vacuum modulator (What I assume you were trying to ask about before autocorrect got ahold of it) is on the transmission, at the rear on the passenger side.
  6. adsm08

Nice little BII

Mojo, you forgot that it has a carb. A FEEDBACK carb at that.
  7. adsm08

Fuel injector questions

On paper. Batch fire systems generally get better MPG, which makes no sense at all, but has been reported as a real world observation by a few people here. I am running one of each and don't really notice any differences. Over the summer my B2 (batch fire) was getting almost 19 MPG, while my...
  8. adsm08

Fuel injector questions

At least some years split the batch the same way the 2.9 did. I ran into that when I built the injector harness for my attempt at a SOHC swap. I think I modeled my attempt off a non-California 94.
  9. adsm08

Nice little BII

What do you mean "not priced badly"? That price is more than three times market value of that vehicle.
  10. adsm08

2020 Ranger: Is there a V-6 Option?

And then they wonder why there are so many accidents.
  11. adsm08

Auto-Censor

NASCAR's website assures me that racism is still alive and well in our society.
  12. adsm08

I want Ford to stop sitting on their brains.
  13. adsm08

I just checked, the service manuals haven't been released yet, so no info from that end.
  14. adsm08

Auto-Censor

Well I think we already were, we just couldn't discuss it on the forum.
  15. adsm08

Reprogramming a 5r?

From the toolbox go down to the powertrain option on the menu, and select transmission. In the tab that opens up there should be an option with a title about the trans adapt strategy (not sure of the exact wording, it changes periodically). That selection should give an option to disable it...