• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by alp

1. alp

Heavy sputter after new distributor

Thank you everyone for your replies :) I was planning on checking the ECM's ground and 22k resistor when I had the BOB installed. Would the computer throw a code 18 constantly if the resistor or the pathway from the coil negative thru it to the ECM was open? I didn't look too hard for the...
  2. alp

Thanks for the reply Mr Knuckles, I've been thinking for a while I should throw some O2 sensors at the truck for good measure, but considering it stops sparking during the bog I'm not sure the oxy sensors would be the issue. I could be wrong though.
  3. alp

Does anybody know if there's any resistance specs for the PIP? It's a hall effect sensor so it should have a coil in it right? On my old dizzy I got back from the shop, none of the terminals for the PIP showed any resistance between the others. So if that's bad there could be a chance my old TFI...
  4. alp

Thanks for your time & reply Paulos, I checked some of this stuff out the best I could. Of course as I'm starting to dig into this more we get an end of summer hot spell, and the truck doesnt keep up the sputter for any longer than 3 seconds or less after starting (but you can shut it down, and...
  5. alp

Hello! I've owned a 1988 Ranger XLT RWD 2.9L Automatic for about a year and a half now, it's always had a tiny bit of a shake at idle, but after one incident a couple months ago I've had no luck solving this issue. What happened was, I was driving to a shop that my friend worked at after hours...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad