• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by alpac

1. Changing transmission fluid on 1991 4l Ranger auto

Hi guys, I have not posted for a while. I still have my reliable 1991 4.0L Ranger. The truck has now 160k miles on it and drives great. I fixed a lot of things right after I bought it and then have been doing regular maintenance since. After the first few big fixes (master cylinder, breaks ad...
  2. Truck wont start, possible starter issue

My old 1991 4l Ranger decided not to start yesterday evening after having being parked for only few hours. When I try to crank it there is a click and nothing else. It is not the battery, battery gives a good 13V and is only 7 months old. I still tried to jump starts it but it did not help. I...
  3. Brake fading

When I drove my truck 1990 Ranger 4.4 today I felt immediately that the brake power was very low. Very unusual as it normally brakes pretty hard. Then I noticed that if I kept pushing on the brake pedal the pedal just kept going down all the way slowly but surely until it touched the floor...
  4. brakes and ABS lights on

Hi, For the last 2 weeks both brakes and ABS lights on my Ranger 1990 are on when I press the brakes. It started 2 weeks ago with the brakes light flashing sometime only when braking hard. Now it is every time I brake and both brake and ABS lights show. I replaced rear drums and shoes this...
  5. Temperature sensor location?

My temperature indicator has been dead since I bought this truck few months ago. I am going to start by replacing the temperature sensor and see if it does the trick but where is this sensor located on a 1990 4.0l Ranger? Thanks a lot
  6. Intermittent working AC

Hi, When I bought my 4.0l 1990 Ranger 4months ago it was in pretty good condition but I noticed that the AC did not work. When the weather started get warmer over here few weeks ago I recharged the AC and since then it has been working erratically. Sometime it works and sometime it doesn't...
  7. Hi from a new comer

Hi from a newbie from Raleigh NC, I just bought a 1990 Ford Ranger XLT 4L extended cab with 138k on it. I will use it as my second car. It looks in very good shape for the age and drives great. I do not know much about the Ranger, its weaknesses and its strengths so I am expecting to learn a lot...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad