• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by bbbc3

1. bbbc3

LS swap! finally

I wanted to LS swap my Ranger until I saw how not easy this has been. :oops: You're the man! Keep up the good work!
  2. bbbc3

JCR Jeep Comanche Bumper on 1st Gen Ranger

Funny enough after I typed my last message I looked over on the side of the forum and saw a picture of my truck. Apparently, I haven't been paying attention as I missed this Ranger Station feature. But if any of you follow Four Wheeler on Instagram they have posted the same story on my truck...
  3. bbbc3

@85_Ranger4x4 @Uncle Gump It probably still doesn't hurt to start campaigning!! :unsure:
  4. bbbc3

@Jim Oaks I saw the recent message about TOTM being reinstated!!! Please use these photos as my submission to be entered. :)
  5. bbbc3

Engine is running rough out of nowhere?!

*another update - seems that it was the power valve in the carb. I had to pull the carb when replacing the intake manifold gasket and while I was there I replaced the power valve and that seems to have taken care of the issue.
  6. bbbc3

Coolant Leak After Intake Gasket Change?

I had an oil leak out the front and rear of the manifold. I replaced the gasket and added RTV to stop it. With the engine at operating temperature I’ve inspected under the hood and revved the engine and can not see any obvious leaks.The coolant in the radiator is still full.
  7. bbbc3

I’ll try this. It makes sense as I’m betting I was too cautious on these old hoses.
  8. bbbc3

Hey I just finished installing a new intake manifold gasket. Everything seemed to go together well. After my first long drive in traffic I checked under the hood and I see coolant pooled on top of the intake manifold. The water outlet fitting seems dry as well as the coolant hoses connected to...
  9. bbbc3

*Update - I replaced the fuel filter and that seems to have fixed my issue. I didn’t think it would be fuel filter related because it drove fine at higher RPMs. I guess something was blocking fuel flow at lower fuel pressure and the mechanical pump must have worked around it at higher pressure...
  10. bbbc3

@4x4prepper thats an interesting theory and thanks for sharing. I highly doubt that someone would vandalize my truck to prove a point. Also the issue was immediate when starting the truck. Anything put in my gas tank would take a few minutes for symptoms to appear. I only run non-ethanol fuel...
  11. bbbc3

@RonD this sounds plausible. I just topped my truck off with non-ethanol fuel before my trip. I’ll give her a try and report back to this thread.
  12. bbbc3

My truck has been running perfectly until I drove it to the airport and was gone 11 days. When I got back it was very hard to start and would not idle without dying. It feels like it is miss firing. Going down the road at a steady rpm it seems like it runs fine. It is very choppy. I adjusted the...
  13. bbbc3

95 Ranger Doubler

behemoth drivetrain has a double for the RBV. https://behemothdrivetrain.com/behemoth-drivetrain-strongbox-billet-aluminum-underdrive/
  14. bbbc3

Vapor Separator Fuel Filter - Return line to tank?

Another update My truck has ran perfectly on the non-ethanol gas! This has resolved my issue so far.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad