• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by bcschief

1. Clutch fan

Thats what I thought.
  2. 1987 Ranger 4x4 Wiring Harness

I doubt most 1987 harnesses are in useable shape you might be better off to repair it.
  3. Clutch fan

Did they ever put serpentine belts on 2.9? My 86 is v belt but I just don't recall.
  4. Official "What Transmission is this " thread

Looks like it's for a 460/ 7.5-liter big block based on the bell housing.
  5. 1987 No power to fuel pumps

Fuel pump or pumps will only run under certain conditions. When you turn the key on the PCM will command the fuel pumps for about 3 seconds to prime the system and then shut off the pumps, when you crank the engine, it will again turn on the pumps as long as it see's engine rotation thru the PIP...
  6. I need help with crank pulley bolt

Mine worked fine.
  7. I need help with crank pulley bolt

Impact wrench is the best way, Harbor Freight sells a corded 1/2-inch drive impact that will do it.
  8. Do 2.9s only use one HALF of a thrust bearing from the factory?

Check for a date code on the back of the bearing shell and see if it matches up to the truck you are working on.
  9. At a crossroads? 2.9 lifter tick

Pull and clean the rocker arm shafts pull the plugs on the ends and run a bore brush thru them reinstall the plugs. clean and inspect the rocker arms inspect the pads and have them machined if necessary, check the adjusting screws for wear. flush the pushrod oil passages with brake cleaner and...
  10. 4x4 control module plug

The shift motors were the biggest failure item back in the day, mostly due to water intrusion.
  11. 1988 2.9 rough idle, lots of smoke from exhaust.

Might pull the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator and see if fuel is leaking past the diaphragm. and if so, replace the fuel pressure regulator and see if it clears up.
  12. 180° thermostat in 2.9l v6

The only thing a thermostat does is determine the minimum operating temperature the rest of the cooling system determines what the normal operating temperature will be. 1 thought on this subject if you live in a cold climate, I would think about the warmer one. On the oil pressure subject I...
  13. Is Motorcraft Mercon V a good substitute for plain Mercon, can;t fine just Mercon for transmission?

Born and raised in Orlando and I would not care to live there now, moved out here in 07. Florida has a much larger population now.
  14. Is Motorcraft Mercon V a good substitute for plain Mercon, can;t fine just Mercon for transmission?

I personally don't like synthetics I prefer Dino oils as I am not a fan of extended service intervals. In manual gear boxes the difference is synchronizer material. The Toyo Koyo and the Mitsubishi boxes have brass syncro's and the Mazda's have lining material in them which is why the spec...
  15. Is Motorcraft Mercon V a good substitute for plain Mercon, can;t fine just Mercon for transmission?

Mercon V is full synthetic Mercon and is backwards compatible with Mercon, and the old Ford type CJ. When full synthetic Mercon came out it was labeled as such, at some point Ford started labeling it as MerconV. Ford type F and Mercon LV and SP are different.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad