• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by benhoger

1. AC Duct work question, plus restoration progress update: more rust, leaks, quarter windows, and the dashboard!

It was hard to tell considering the bolts that gave me a hard time were rusted and seized. For the driver's side-most bolts for the rear seats, I went in at a bad angle on the top bolt (not the one thats flush to the floor, but the one that is pointed towards the rear). I drilled over the bolt...
  2. AC Duct work question, plus restoration progress update: more rust, leaks, quarter windows, and the dashboard!

I hope the pandemic has been kind to most of you. Little by little, I've been chipping away at the B2. After many failed attempts, I finally got the rear seats out which was the only thing (minus the dash) keeping me from having a stripped interior. The two bolts with T50 heads right by the...
  3. More progress. Attacking rust, learning about windows, and planning junkyard trips.

I guess i’m not even sure where to begin with lifting up the frame. Mind you I’m not terribly experienced, but I can figure this out. What’s involved. I can see the for the most part it seems pretty modular. It looks like I might have to take the steering column apart and probably drop the gas...
  4. More progress. Attacking rust, learning about windows, and planning junkyard trips.

Not sure if I should make one continuous build thread or make each update a separate thread. Feel free to provide feedback. In my last thread I talked about removing the interior body liner. A heat gun (definitely not my mother’s hair dryer) and the flat end of a pry bar did the trick. My...
  5. MSN Bronco II article

I don’t do any off roading or anything that benefits from performance, I just like old ford trucks. The 2.9 is plenty for me. Mine got an engine replacement before I got it, so it runs great.
  6. Thoughts on Bronco II so far/Removing factory liner from body?

Heat gun sounds like a great idea. i haven’t heard of fluid film but i’ll check it out. Shran’s reply made me think of using bedliner on the frame. i’ll have to read around to see if anyone has done that. What do you think?
  7. Thoughts on Bronco II so far/Removing factory liner from body?

Bedliner sounds like a great idea. I didn’t think of that. Good call. I’ll try the putty knife too.
  8. Thoughts on Bronco II so far/Removing factory liner from body?

Dad has a large backyard so i decided i’ll take the time to do it and just leave it back there since it will probably take me a few days. I thought about the floor pans. I found them on bronco graveyard, but the pans wouldn’t sit where the holes are. The rust at the pans isn’t that bad, but...
  9. Thoughts on Bronco II so far/Removing factory liner from body?

Skip to second to last paragraph for question about liner. So as time has gone on and I've spent more time with Bronquito, I've learned the reality of buying a rust belt vehicle. There's a few rust holes in the body that need to be patched under the drivers seats and the floor under the dash...
  10. Bronco II Rear Quarter Windows -- Molding?

Buddy of mine told me that the kind of molding (the type that wraps around the glass, requiring you to take it out if you want to replace it) has a certain name, though im drawing a blank right now. He said any good glass guy should be able to replace it for me. I'm hoping to find someone when...
  11. Bronco II Rear Quarter Windows -- Molding?

This is an 89. This isn't a detachable window like the older models. I believe it pops in with rivets from what I've been able to make out online. Assuming the molding is rubber, how it would react to paint stripper is my concern too.
  12. Bronco II Rear Quarter Windows -- Molding?

I'm getting the Bronco II painted. To redo the lackluster job the previous owner had done. Unfortunately, they painted over the window molding. I took it to the paint shop to get a quote and according to their glass guy, it seems that the molding is part of the window and can not be replaced...
  13. New from South FL. 1989 Ford Bronco II

Thank you very much.
  14. New from South FL. 1989 Ford Bronco II

Thank you! Plan is to keep it in the best condition and as stock as possible. I want to clean up the frame and spray it with rust reformer (and maybe rubber undercoating). I’ll probably have it repainted so the body shop can properly clean up the body of rust since there are some areas that are...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad