• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bgunner

I am a disabled Ex-mechanic that loves to putter and enjoys putting older beat to hell vehicles back on the road. A total of 5 junkyard ready vehicles put back on the road for just me, not counting the ones I have picked up for my kids. This started at the age of 16, in 1993, with a '83 Chevy S-10, got to love them coned clear instrument covers, Boobies?, that I bought on the back lot of a car dealership. A rebuilt 2.8 with a high lift cam, headers ( done by previous owner with receipts) 3" body lift, 32" 11.50 tires and a really nice set of bushwacker fender flares to cover up the outlaw 2 rims and tires. Brought it home and over the next 4 months went through it from nose to tail, with help from my step brothers, learning the hows and whys of putting an old beater on the road. It spun a low end bearing at a mileage of 32,000 after rebuild. I almost made the 40,000 mile mark after rebuild on this 2.8 engine which usually is a sign of a fault in the rebuild on this engine.

I went on to a '86 Toyota 4wd that the frame, cab and drive train were solid. This one got redone because, typical Toyota of the time, the bed panels were literally ripping off as I was driving down the road. This is where my step brother taught me how to re-paint a vehicle, Age 17. He tracked down a really clean 2wd bed from a '83 that only needed 1 lower panel fixed. This one was my pride and joy in High school. No ones car/truck looked as nice as mine in the parking lot at school not to mention it had Ford Tractor Blue paint. It was almost a neon blue, even my brother was impressed with the color in the end.

To be continued when I feel like it... lol
Have You Attended An 'Official' TRS Event?
No
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
1000+ Watt Stereo?
Yes
I use this vehicle for
Showing I love my truck
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!

Signature

1994, 3.0L V6, Ranger XLT Supercab, 2WD, M5OD-R1 5spd manual, Code 84: Open 7.5" w/3.45 gears / 1100 lb. Rear Springs / 10" drums, Gabriel Max Control Front/Ultra Rear shocks, Paint code GA: Medium Aubergene / Stripe code A, stock 4x4 fog light and valance conversion,

And I lie, here in bed, all alone, I can't mend, but I feel, Tomorrow will be O.K. <Arron Lewis ( Staind; Outside )

Following

Followers

Trophies

1. 30

I LOVE IT!

Content you have posted has attracted 500 positive reactions.
  2. 20

Addicted

1,000 messages? Impressive!
  3. 20

Can't get enough of your stuff

Your content has been positively reacted to 250 times.
  4. 15

Seriously likeable!

Content you have posted has attracted a positive reaction score of 100.
  5. 10

I like it a lot

Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.
  6. 2

Somebody likes you

Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  7. 10

Can't stop!

You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
  8. 5

Keeps coming back

30 messages posted. You must like it here!
  9. 1

First message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad