• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by bigfatloser

1. bigfatloser

Broken hatch glass button

Other than pick a part, where can I find a replacement rear glass hatch button for an 01 Explorer ?
  2. bigfatloser

Hose assembly, 91 3.0 ???

Having no luck finding a replacement hose assembly online, Rock Auto, LMC, Auto Zone, E Bay...ect. All I manage to find is for 2.3 or 4.0. One or two on E Bay, but differ from what I have or have no picture. Any help sourcing one?
  3. bigfatloser

Rear Main Seal

89 2.9, 500 miles on complete rebuild and the rear main is leaking. Crank was turned. Did not notice any flaws on the sealing surface at time of installation. Any special, wiz-Bang replacement seal available? Thinking of installing a sleeve-n-seal kit just because. Tips or tricks? Not wanting...
  4. bigfatloser

Shifter I.D.

I acquired 2 almost new shifters from a friend, said they were for a ranger, but did not recall what trans. I have an 88 & 92 with M50D trannys. These must be of some use to someone .
  5. bigfatloser

Oil galley/freeze plugs

Assembling my 2.9 motor. Freeze plug kit contained a small threaded plug. it's bigger than the coolant drain plugs. I have no clue where it goes. It fits in the location where the oil pressure sender goes, is there more than one oil galley port on a 2.9 block.
  6. bigfatloser

Camshaft bolt question

After moving a disassembled 2.9 twice, I misplaced the camshaft/sprocket bolt/washer. Is the bolt and washer from a 4.0 interchangeable?
  7. bigfatloser

Internal hardware/nuts & bolts

Is the dealer the only source? Cam thrust plate bolts, oil pump & haed locating dowel pins
  8. bigfatloser

2.9 Cam removal ?

Am I missing something? Naked block is a camshaft away from going to the machine shop, and tugging and gentle prying on the front of the cam does not remove it. Will removing the "freeze plug" at the back be a good idea to gently tap it along?
  9. bigfatloser

Turn signal woes.

No working turn signals on a recently purchased 91 extra cab. Emergency flashers work when button on coulum pushed in, all good new fuses and bulbs in all locations, working flashers (both tested in other ranger). Replaced Multifunction switch with used one from E-Bay and still have no flashers...
  10. bigfatloser

Spray on copper coat. yes or no?

Used it for years on head gaskets of all kinds, 2.9 heads seem to be finicky? Should it be avoided?
  11. bigfatloser

INFO Membership Map

I'm all alone in the south west...
  12. bigfatloser

head gasket water passages

Is it adviseable to slightly enlarge the smaller water passages on my new head gaskets? This motor did sit for a period of time with no coolant.
  13. bigfatloser

Head gasket water passages

Is it adviseable to slightly enlarge the smaller water passages on my new head gaskets?
  14. bigfatloser

Found part of my problem..

Had a knocking issue, in the process of pulling and cleaning the motor, found this... Only too 100 miles to fall this far.
  15. bigfatloser

Knocking 2.9

First of all, I am broke a$ F***. Last year I put a gently used motor in my 88 ranger. (only reason it was removed was for a 5.0 swap) Ran and drove for aprox 100 miles. Started knocking on the way home one morning, drove for about 2 miles untill I got home. Knocking never real got bad, but the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad