• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by billpac4u

1. billpac4u

Rodent issues

I park my Ranger in the driveway overnight, and this year I have had a chipmunk building a nest in the valley of my 4.0 V-6. He's already chewed through one of my spark plug wires, and nibbled on the distributor. Removing the nesting materials doesn't seem to discourage him - he just rebuilds it...
  2. billpac4u

91 Ranger bodied 5.3 ls swap

Awesome work. Love the build. Will this be a driver, or a cruise-night boulevardier?
  3. billpac4u

Coronavirus

What he said! Had a slight achy-ness after #2 injection, but it went away after 2-3 days. Looking forward to family get-togethers. Praise God!
  4. billpac4u

Before performing ANY diagnostic procedures on your engine...

I've always tried to fix one thing at a time when chasing problems. Helps me figure it out. PS - Check this out . . . The Sanctuary | The Ranger Station
  5. billpac4u

Hello form South Texas

Glad you're here, Timothy. You have some nice "toys."
  6. billpac4u

Hi Hello from Marana

Welcome aboard! I like your truck. I've been more of a Chevy guy myself, but I always liked the Rangers size and utility.
  7. billpac4u

I can't seem to find the 'button' to post a new thread in The Sanctuary. Can you help?

I can't seem to find the 'button' to post a new thread in The Sanctuary. Can you help?
  8. billpac4u

Speedometer/odometer

My '95 XLT 4.0 with A/T speedometer work fine, but the odometer has quit. What gives?
  9. billpac4u

Missouri ROLLCALL

St Louis checking in I guess I am late with this; been on here for several years, since 2010. Love my '95 4.0! (I hear crickets . . . )
  10. billpac4u

Ultra rare Ford Ranger

Interesting article from Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ultra-rare-ford-ranger-shadow-bed-emerges-on-craigslist
  11. billpac4u

KYB shocks . . .

I'm needing new shocks. KYB's have been recommended to me by a friend. Anyone have experience with these?
  12. billpac4u

Clunky downshifts . . .

My '95 Ranger 4.0, 4R55E trans has started clunky downshifts when I pull up to a stop light. It only occurs after I have driven awhile and everything's good and warm. Any thoughts(PS - 175 thousand on the odometer)
  13. billpac4u

Hot relays

After a short drive, the relays under the hood on my '95 Ranger 4.0 are hot to the touch. Should this be normal? :shok:
  14. billpac4u

Check engine light

My 95 Ranger 4.0 has check engine light. Runs fine, all systems seem normal. Changed oil & filter and air filter about 400 miles ago. Any likely guesses? Mileage now: 163,877.
  15. billpac4u

Magnetic block heater

I have a 95 4.0, and am puzzled about where to place a magnetic block heater - which works really well on other vehicles with steel oil pans - on my engine. Any ideas? :icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad