• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cajunman87

1. cajunman87

Oddball photoshop request

The name of my truck is the poule d'eau, which is french for a bird called a coot. Anyway i want to make a decal with a white silhouette of this bird taking off. If somebody could white silhouette this picture with a black background i would appreciate it. The decal will be about 6 inches tall.
  2. cajunman87

Battery Drain on a 98

I hate starting threads like this because I'm sure if I search previous posts I will find some info, or actually get under my hood with a test light I can find it, but to be honest I'm feeling pretty lazy today. If my truck is parked for more than one day it is a guarantee that my battery will...
  3. cajunman87

clutch system wont bleed out

My exhaust pipe melted a hole in the hard plastic line that runs from the master to the slave cylinder. I cut the bad section out and put a brass compression union from Lowe's to splice the two pieces of line together. I know that these ranger clutches are hard to bleed but I cant seem to get...
  4. cajunman87

new rotors or turned rotors

my front rotors are pretty warped, i'm interested to hear yalls opinion on having them turned. is it worth having them turned or will they just warp again? Would it be better to just get new ones? having them turned costs $14, new ones are $50. I don't mind paying the extra money if i know...
  5. cajunman87

Fog light switch pin-out

I wired my truck for fog lights over the weekend and wired it into the stock fog light switch, the switch works and the fog lights operate fine, but the little light that is supposed to indicate that the fogs are on doesn't work. I used the pin-out from the website posted below, wire number 3...
  6. cajunman87

foglight switch pinout

I wired my truck for fog lights yesterday and wired it into the stock fog light switch, the switch works and the fog lights operate fine, but the little light that is supposed to indicate that the fogs are on doesn't work. I used the pin-out from the website posted below, wire number 3 operates...
  7. cajunman87

explorer flip kit

Im wanting to put an explorer rear axle on my ranger, but the springs on an explorer are under the axle. Do they make a flip kit to put the springs on top of the axle for use on a ranger? I know they make flip kits to put the axle on top for rangers, but do they make something similar for the...
  8. cajunman87

A/C acting VERY dumb

I have a lot of issues with my A/C system, the fan speed doesn't blow on low, the max ac doesn't do anything max, it stays regular, and at random times the ac compressor kicks off. To get the compressor to kick back on I have to rev the engine to around 4,000 or just wait for it to decide to...
  9. cajunman87

speed sensor

on the 98 rangers the speed sensor is located on the abs sensor on the rear axle instead of on the transmission. I am wanting to do the 8.8 swap from an explorer, what do i do about the speed sensor? Did explorers ever come with a speed sensor on the axle?
  10. cajunman87

airbag in lumbar support

I did the power explorer seat swap last year and it worked out great, but the air bag for the lumbar support leaks, when it is pumped full it deflates shortly after. has anyone messed around with these seats to know the best way to change or repair it before i tear it down to replace the bag?
  11. cajunman87

odometer gets tired

i have a 98 and i recently did a cluster swap from an explorer with a tach. I rolled the new odo to match the mileage on my truck. everything worked great for a few months but recently about an hour into my daily commute my odometer stops rolling. after i turn off the truck for a little while...
  12. cajunman87

New Edge Bumper

Finally got my new edge bumper mounted on the 98. here's a few before and after pics.
  13. cajunman87

computer tune

my speedometer is off by five when i upgraded to some big tires. how do i go about reprogramming the speedo. Do i need to buy one of those programmer chip deals or can i take it somewhere to have have it done.
  14. cajunman87

fog light wireing

I have heard here and there that 98 rangers without fog lights is already wired for them, I just ordered an 01 edge bumper with fogs but I can't find the wiring for the lights. Am I just dumb and don't see them or is my truck not wired?
  15. cajunman87

Shifter

I've seen these shifters here and there on the forum. What trucks did these come on and how do I get one?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad