• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by camoman5392

1. converting a 2wd 5spd to work in a 4x4?

hey guys so the 5 speed in my 2000 ranger with a 3.0 is pretty much toast and i dont wanna shell out the cash for a rebuild. can i take a 2wd manual transmission and have a tranny shop switch the output shaft and tail housing from my 4x4 tranny to make it work in my truck? thanks
  2. monroe sensa track coilovers

anyone have any experience with them, or know if they actually lift the front end? my 2000 4x4 ranger desperately needs a set of shocks up front. it sees mild off road use every now n then thanks guys, Jay
  3. tail light gaurds?

anyone try making their own? i pretty much know how i can make them outta metal rod, i just cant figure out how to mount/brace it on the side of the light that goes along the bed. i want this to be functional, not for looks. any ideas? thanks, Jay
  4. 97 to 2000 difference from cat back?

ive seen some catback exhaust fairly cheap on ebay lately, but a kit for my 2000 ranger is almost a 100 more than a 93-97 kit. i thought the exhausts were the same except for the cats n the o2 sensors tho? so would i be able to run a 93-97 kit, or is the ebay site correct in saying it wont fit?
  5. swapping explorer 4x4 trans in 95 ranger 4x4

i found an alright price on a 4x4 ranger parts truck, n supposedly the only thing major wrong with it is the tranny is shot. would the 4r55e or 5r55e tranny from a 4x4 explorer work without any problems? if getting a tranny for it isn too hard i might grab it for a woods beater to learn on...
  6. homemade exhaust pipe bender

would it be possible to make an exhaust pipe bender similar to a regular pipe bender, like the hydraulic one from harbor freight, but on a smaller scale? could it work or would the pipe just crush? for my next trip to the junkyard im thinking about cutting all the decent non-rusted 2 1/2" pipe i...
  7. 10ft wire whip overkill for a cb?

hey guys, my dad had a big whip antenna sitting out in the garage, so i went ahead and mounted it on the pass. side of the rear bumper. now im reading that's a poor mounting location, but with this big of antenna i dont wanna mount it to the cab or top of the bed. i already drag it across the...
  8. 2000 ranger 4x4 ball joints?

i know the upper ball joints require the whole control arm replacement, but can the lowers be replaced with just the ball joint and not the whole control arm assembly? i bought just the lower ball joints from advance, so i assumed it would be possible, but the haynes manual says differently. thanks
  9. can 235/75/15's work on a 15X8" wheel?

title says it all. found some decent looking rims used, but i cant afford new tires right now, so the only way itll work is if i can keep my old tires. thanks, Jay
  10. 10,500 lb winch + optima yellow top?

hey guys, i recently picked up a rugged ridge 10,500 lb winch off craigslist. then, when my old battery bit the dust, i went ahead and upgraded to an optima yellow top. my question is will this be sufficient to power the winch or not? i already have it on a reciever mount, and im looking into...
  11. alloy vs. steel weights?

hey im thinking about upgrading to some different wheels for my truck, and i was wondering if the is too much difference weight wise between something like a soft 8 steel wheel, and a mt classic II rim. ill prolly be getting a set of 3o or 31's for it, no wider than 11" thanks
  12. flipping a front mount reciever

hey guys i have a 2000 ranger with a 3" body lift, and i just got a rugged ridge winch for it. i wanted to mount it as high as possible to lessen the chance of it going for a swim. with that said, can i take a regular front mount reciever, and flip it so it sits on top of the frame in stead of...
  13. growling noise coming from 2000 4x4 ranger front end

my truck's been making a growling sound, not sure if its coming from a wheel bearing or the front differential. it seems to get worst around 2500 rpms, and on the highway it gets real bad. kinda like a pulsing waahhh wahhhh wahhh noise. im new to 4x4's so any help would be great. i dont wanna...
  14. will a '02 explorer brush gaurd fit a 00 ranger?

just wondering if itd bolt up or if i'd have to do some fab work to get it to work with the ranger. thanks, jay
  15. quick intro

hey im new to the site. i just got a 2000 ranger 4x4 with a 3.0 n 5spd. its running pretty good so far so time to mod :headbang:. body lift finished up, planning on tint, rear posi, or 8.8 swap, dynomax exhaust, winch and brush gaurd. btw does anyone know if the 3.0 valve coves can be polished...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad