• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cbr600rx7

1. Please help

Just installed a new clutch and fly wheel in a 03/04 ranger with 296,000 miles and no known history. I picked the truck up on a trailer because the clutch was slipping and the slave was not releasing the clutch fully... Now the truck runs and drives but it's acting like it has a random vacuum...
  2. crazy idea of 2.5 swap in a 2005

2.5 duratec swap and be done with it.
  3. Turbo time

So I found a guy a few weeks ago with a 88 turbo coupe he wanted to part out. At first I didn't want to get tied up in a 2.3T swap since I am a diesel guy however the guy made me a offer I couldn't refuse. So for $350 I am the proud new owner of a 2.3 turbo complete with ECU, wiring harness...
  4. PS and AC delete results

Ok people let's go ahead and get the flame on so we can get it out of the way. The truck is a high mileage 93 base model that the AC has not worked on in the last 10 years. Recently the PS pump has been making more noise and has started leaking fluid from the input shaft. The gear box also has...
  5. Lima compression results

So I had a few seconds today to spare (rare for me) so I decided to do a compression test. I ran the motor for about 90 seconds before shutting her down and pulling the coil pack plugs and fuel pressure relay. I then hooked a set of jumper cables to the F150 to keep the battery charged and...
  6. 93 fuel pressure

So today I was checking the fuel pressure on the 93 2.3 and at first every thing was good. It showed 40 psi with key on/engine off. However with the engine on pressure drops almost out of tolerance down to 30 psi. This is where it gets interesting because when I unplug the vacuum source from the...
  7. TDI swap

So it's been a few months since I posted in this section and now I am re considering the TDI re power option. I was sold on the OM617 however the possibility it retaining the R1 transmission that I just replaced and 40+ MPG has me researching this option again. Any one with TDI ranger experience...
  8. So let's beat a dead horse (NA turbo)

So it's been asked over and over again and the general consensus is it's a waste of time or it's going to blow. There also seems to be a lot of mixed information about what the factory ranger MAF, injectors, and bottom end is capable of. First off we know the cast pistons with over 9 to 1...
  9. Rocker ratio and hot cam

I have been on the phone with delta cams And want to pull the tigger on a mild re grind however we have hit a little confusion. This has been my understanding: Pre 88 Lima motors have a flat tapet cam with 1.5 rocker ratios. 89-94 rangers use roller rockets with 1.64 rocker ratios 95+ rangers...
  10. M5OD swap

Hey every one. Just getting ready to drop the 2.3 transmission out and swap it with what I hope is a better one. This one has had a bad whine in all gears except 4th for about 8 years. The noise has stayed about the same but recently my advance auto slave cylinder has started to whine when the...
  11. 8.8 explorer Leaf spring and axle swap

So I found a FX4 ranger rear out of a 2001 with 4.10 gears LSD and 10 inch drum brakes. Since this is a ranger rear end I should just be able to basicly bolt it and and go correct?
  12. 91 V6 gauges in 93 I4 ranger

Hey every one I have been searching but have not come up with a clear cut answer for the pre 95 trucks. I picked up a gauge cluster from a 91 XLT with tach to replace my tach less 93 cluster with broken fuel gauge. Of course plugging the 91 XLT cluster into the 93 harness doesn't work because...
  13. Down we go

So it looks like I have dove down the rabbit hole on my 93 2.3. Over the last few days I have started to replace miner things and take care of a few misc repairs. Well after putting 700 miles on her in the last two days I found my self diving into some more significant and over do maintenance. I...
  14. Clear seat swap

So the bench seat in my 93 ranger is definitely past needing replacement. It's just a simple regular cab gas saver so I don't want to drop a ton of money into it but I think it's time. I have been searching on the forums and was wondering what seats will directly bolt into the truck. A junk yard...
  15. 2.3 mpg

So this has been talked about many times on other forums and it seems to have a very wide gap between highest and lowest reported average. Some claim V8 like teens while others claim Prius like miles. For the most part it seems the average is some where between 22 and 27 mpg. So let's give this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad