• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by chicagodude

1. ANYTHING else that could be causing this no spark issue?? WTF

Did you get it fixed or no?
  2. Spark Plugs for 94 XL Ranger 3.0 with Automatic Trans

Thanks guys for jumping in! I got some Motorcraft SP-493 plugs. Hopefully they are compatible. I couldn't find the original part number AWSF-32P. I haven't installed yet, too dang cold now, maybe this weekend.
  3. Spark Plugs for 94 XL Ranger 3.0 with Automatic Trans

Greetings Folks, I plan to put new spark plugs and wires on my 94 Ranger with 3.0 engine. The label by the radiator says to use AWSF-32P plugs. My local parts stores don’t have these. From what I gather, Motorcraft no longer makes the AWSF-32P. What part number is the Motorcraft replacement...
  4. Check Valve for the Fuel Pump System

Thanks RonD!
  5. Check Valve for the Fuel Pump System

RonD, I see that you also have a 94 Ranger. Can you do me a favor and look at the pipe in my picture below. When I was working on the fuel testing, I found a hole in the pipe. It's a pretty clean hole about the size of a #10 screw size. I put a self-tapping #10 screw in it to plug it up. You can...
  6. Check Valve for the Fuel Pump System

Dirtman, sorry I wrote that wrong, with pedal to the floor it doesn't start. I took the old fuel pump and connected it to a 14V power supply with a hose connected to the pump output. I then put the pump in a bucket with water. I let the pump run for a while and recirculate the water. After...
  7. Check Valve for the Fuel Pump System

Thanks guys for all of your valuable knowledge! I appreciate it very much! RonD, could a leaky injector causing it to stall? Dirtman, I gave it a cold start with pedal to the floor. It started but didn't sputter. Whatever has been happening is intermittent so one test may not determine...
  8. Check Valve for the Fuel Pump System

I never tried that Dirtman. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Too late for me right now. It stalled on me four times when I was out running errands. It would just stop running while driving. I pulled over and after a 10 or 15 minutes it would start again and then go a couple miles and quit again. I...
  9. Check Valve for the Fuel Pump System

Thanks Uncle Gump, I pulled off the vacuum hose to the regulator and did't see any gas in the hose. From what I gather if that's bad, there will be gas in the hose or regulator. Should there be gas in it if it's bad?
  10. Check Valve for the Fuel Pump System

Greetings, I have a 94 Ranger 3.0. I am losing fuel pressure intermittently. I am fairly sure that it losing pressure from the fuel pump/tank. Can you tell me where the check valve is for the fuel pump? Is it possible to replace the check valve? I put a prsesure gauge on the shrader valve and...
  11. How to Get the Power Distribution Box Loose

Greetings to One and All, Before I start working on anything electrical, I disconnect the battery so that all power is removed. I also double-check my work before reconnecting the battery. I have an intermittent electrical problem with my 94 ranger. I believe it's in the power distribution...
  12. Radiator Cap 14 lb. or 16 lb.

Greetings to One and All, I would like to get your opinion about radiator caps for a Ranger 3.0 auto/2wd with AC. Will a 14 lb. or 16 lb. cap work better? Thanks and happy holidays!
  13. How to Replace Radiator in a 3.0 Ranger

Greetings Folks, I have a leak in my 94 Ranger radiator. It has a 3.0 two-wheel drive with automatic trans. I bought a new radiator and I'm ready to install it this weekend. Can you tell me the steps for replacing it? Is it going to be a piece of cake or a PITA to replace? How long should it...
  14. Split-Pin Front Brake Calibers on 94 Ranger

Greettings Folks! I need some help on removing the front brake calibers on my 94 Ranger. Sorry if this in the archives but I searched the site and can't find it. How do you take out the "split-pins" that hold the caliber in place? Many thanks!
  15. Headlights Intermittent

Greetings to One and All, I am here in need of help. I have a 94 Ranger. After I drive at night about 20 to 30 minutes, the headlights will intermittently go off and on. Sometimes stay off up to about 3 seconds. They will then work okay for a while and then more off and on flicker. The dash...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad