• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by chickenman

1. chickenman

1994 4x4 5speed TDI swap

Yeah, in the pre 93 rangers. I think its cheaper to go with regearing than hunting for an axle, and then fixing the problems you had no clue about since it wasn't part of your vehicle.
  2. chickenman

1994 4x4 5speed TDI swap

Yeah stock on the truck are 265x75/15 so basically 31s
  3. chickenman

1994 4x4 5speed TDI swap

Using the same calcultor, but with shifting TO the optimal rpm, I think I conclude that if i swap the diff gears for the 4.11 s it will be very close to stock, when running 32 in tires.
  4. chickenman

1994 4x4 5speed TDI swap

The truck currently has the dana 35 with the 3.73 gear ratio, obviously if i switched axles id have to go to the dana 28 with the 4.10 gear ratio.
  5. chickenman

1994 4x4 5speed TDI swap

300 Nm = 221 ft-lb
  6. chickenman

1994 4x4 5speed TDI swap

From what i see, some where around 177 lb- ft @ 1,800 rpm. other sources, 177lb- ft @ 1,800-2,400 rpm. Completly stock. Upgraded, 300 ish Nm @ 2,400 rpm. Hp 99 hp@ 4000 rpm stock
  7. chickenman

1994 4x4 5speed TDI swap

Upon further thought, I graphed the shift points with the sought after axels with 4.10 diff ratio.. the plot looks a lot better. Needless to say, I see a new axel in my future.
  8. chickenman

1994 4x4 5speed TDI swap

As the day approaches that the body of the truck is ready for the engine, I have been thinking about how the new engine will perform compared to the 4.0 l in the truck. There are so many factors that play into fuel economy, acceleration, and cruising rpm. Im building this truck for fuel economy...
  9. chickenman

1994 4x4 5speed TDI swap

Turns out what i thought was a bad slave was actually the clutch wheel its self, as you can see. The kit off ebad I bought also had the needle bearing which was easy to remove and replace with a slide hammer.
  10. chickenman

1994 4x4 manual TDI swap

new update on my other page
  11. chickenman

1994 4x4 5speed TDI swap

Update! Clutch replacement, drive train inspection, power steering box replacement I got all my parts in last week, that I think i will need to fix my clutch problems, and the huge play in the steering. Not to mention a couple specialized tools. I was able to get everything off reletively...
  12. chickenman

1994 4x4 manual TDI swap

The truck also has 2in blocks in the rear but nothing in the front. Personaly, i am not a fan of the stiff ride of block lifts. Somewhere down the road i may add this kit...
  13. chickenman

1994 4x4 manual TDI swap

From what i can tell since its a 1994 it has the dana 35. I found some kits for the steering joints and ball joints, but it says it is for the rwd i feel like they are different. Also, on another note does anyone have personal experience with electronic lockers? I am considering adding one im...
  14. chickenman

1994 4x4 manual TDI swap

My next step with the ranger is to get the steering and alignment worked out. The truck doesn't shake a whole lot, so I think the rotors aren't warped. However, in spite of that there is about a 10 to 20 degree play in the steering. The tires dont seem to be showing signs of wear from a bad ball...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad