• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by chiri

1. 1995 4.0 missfire

have tried but cannot connect my scanner, "cannot establish connection" or something, a friendo will try with a more capable one.
  2. 1995 4.0 missfire

I am using a pressure gage on the pressure hose, have 28/40 psi.
  3. 1995 4.0 missfire

Hi, Looking from some input from the experts. Have a 97 ranger 2wd with a recently swapped Explorer 4.0, complete engine and wiring. Only pending issue is I am running a MT with a AT computer. Its running quite well but at wot and around 3.000rpm, it starts missing on some cylinders. If I...
  4. making the 4.0 ohv ecu stand alone

well, find that I was not getting + to the coil, already connected and has spark but no injector signal. have just realized that this 4.0 is from a 1995 explorer, has CPS but 60 pin computer connector, is this ok? from what I have read, with CPS they use the 104 pin connector. Also, when...
  5. making the 4.0 ohv ecu stand alone

just to have it clear, when you talk about the harness, you mean the engine harness or the rest coming out from the 42 pin connector?
  6. 2.3 rwd to 4.0 swap trans help

Hi Demmons, I am doing the same swap, did you just connect the 42 pin connector from the engine to the original in the Ranger or had to do some modifications?
  7. making the 4.0 ohv ecu stand alone

it came from an explorer, what can be the differences in this case?
  8. making the 4.0 ohv ecu stand alone

I will try plugging directly and see how it goes, many thanks for your help, you can see this is new territory for me, first time being brave enough to deal with electronics, old school mechanic here.
  9. making the 4.0 ohv ecu stand alone

I got some of the info from your site, the basic connections. Have just realized that the engine I am using is a 95 and the computer is a 94, must have been replaced. there is a difference between both years, the camshaft position sensor, can this be a problem?
  10. making the 4.0 ohv ecu stand alone

you mean the square connector from engine? this is the 42 pin connector?
  11. making the 4.0 ohv ecu stand alone

Sorry to use this tread but I am looking to swap a 95 4.0 into a 2.3 ranger but want to start the engine as a stand alone system to avoid modifications in the ranger wiring, have done more or less what RangerSVT says, have follow the instructions of connecting the positive (pin 1 + 37, 57) and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad