• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ChristianEwing

1. ChristianEwing

2WD M5R1 Fixed Yoke Tail Housing?

What's up guys, I am in the process of building a 2WD 1993 Ford Ranger, it has the 4.0 OHV and the 5-speed M5R1 trans behind it. The tail housing the transmission comes with factory is a slip yoke style setup that allows the driveshaft to be a solid one-piece shaft, and all the slip is happening...
  2. ChristianEwing

Vital Designs 1993 Regular Cab Prerunner

Took the truck to Offroad Expo in Pomona Ca and got alot of great feedback on it. Was cool to be able to have people see the truck in person and truly get an idea of the detail and craftsmanship put into this thing. Photos and videos never do justice to what it looks like in real life
  3. ChristianEwing

I have spent the last couple weeks getting the cab sealed back up. A lot of tin work and a lot of silicon bronze welding but it came out rad. Cutting the back wall, floor and firewall out were pretty much a necessity to be able to get the most out of this regular cab platform and to optimize the...
  4. ChristianEwing

Aftermarket Clutch Pedal?

This is something I've been looking up and working on for the last month or so now, I am currently building an 93' ford ranger that has the 4.0/M50D-R1 in it and I am in a situation where the factory pedal configuration does not fit anymore and I'm having to make everything myself. I am going to...
  5. ChristianEwing

I got the upper and lower shock mounts buttoned up and burned onto the chassis. As well as getting the radiator fully mounted in the truck. The bottom side of the radiator I built a tray for it to sit into that bolts to each frame rail, that way it can get powdercoated so any water or coolant...
  6. ChristianEwing

Once engine and trans were in place, I wanted to get a bearing on space in the engine bay area, so I mocked up a fender and the header panel. The radiator we got for this truck is a CBR 31x16”, which is 3” shorter in height than I’m used to using on full-size trucks and you can still see it...
  7. ChristianEwing

Once the beam kit was on the truck, it was time to start thinking about engine and trans. I knew with having the beam kit bump out where I wanted it too, the factory engine crossmember was 100% gone, and then Ryan and I talked about the possibility of the firewall getting cut out as well if tire...
  8. ChristianEwing

Work on trucks :ROFLMAO: I eat, sleep and breathe this. There is no other option when you're trying to start a business from nothing, on your own and self teaching yourself everything along the way. That being said though, I really enjoy what I do so I would be doing this regardless if it was...
  9. ChristianEwing

Getting the beam kit on took some time, making sure everything was square, wheelbase was correct, track width was right, etc. Because the kit was drawn in the computer based around a frame rail that was hand measured there was a few things that needed to be tweaked to get everything to work...
  10. ChristianEwing

This one I’m pretty proud of. Once we confirmed the truck was getting a proper beam kit my brother and I went to work. I am 100% against using some generic WIY/DIY parts on anything I build, so we designed and built our own kit from scratch. Basically everything I do is on my own and by myself...
  11. ChristianEwing

Next was starting on the spare tire setup. I didn’t want to run the conventional Y-strap with a couple tabs and I wanted to try and push myself. I decided to do a hold down all made out of 1” .095 tubing. Radius’d the tire for the cradle portion to catch the tire and make sure when you’re...
  12. ChristianEwing

Truck was turned around and then front got torn down. Old camburg kit and steering was pulled and sold, the 2.5x14” coilovers are gonna get freshened up and revalved/sprung for the new setup along side the bypass, and the last thing on the front of the truck was the engine. Since the truck got...
  13. ChristianEwing

Yes and no, if we are talking full tank to completely empty tank there could be a noticeable difference. With 50 gallons of gas, typically you are not burning through that all at one time, so a more realistic way of thinking about it is completely full to about half a tank. The remaining 25...
  14. ChristianEwing

The truck was put on all 4’s for the first time with the new rear end setup to be pulled out and turned around! It was cool to be able to get it out in the open and be able to really step back and get a good perspective on the whole thing. You can kinda get an idea for how narrow the rear end is...
  15. ChristianEwing

The next thing on the truck before I could go ahead and turn it around was bedsides and rear bumper. For big ticket things like that I like to have the truck faced towards the outside of the garage on whichever end I’m working on so I can step back a good distance and make sure things visually...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad