• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cobrajocky

1. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

'If it ain't broke, can't fix it' ...... the old mechanics lament, when I cleared the OBD codes P0171 and 174 I had a couple weeks ago, it's never come back (no Check Engine light or thrown the codes) after doing NOTHING! Kinda tough diagnosing and fixing when the computer says nothing is wrong...
  2. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

I've got some contact cleaner for my amps and effects that don't leave residue, will try them on the MAFS. Good Leak Test, will try that this in a few days. Thanks.
  3. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

The PCV is only got maybe 3k miles on it, about 15 months old .... yeah I don't drive this truck much, maybe 2k a year. The intermittent "stalling" issue long predates this PCV and the two before it. It started about 10k miles after the top-end rebuild. I know the mechanic that owned the shop...
  4. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

RonD - Got a question for you in particular because I saw an incredible post answer you wrote on Ranger Forum regarding OBD codes P0171 and 174, which I just suddenly experienced first time ever. I went searching for an answer and that post...
  5. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

I found the CPS connectors at Rock Auto, very good prices, far better than EBay or retail stores that also sell online - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/mazda,1998,b4000,4.0l+v6,1316243,electrical-connector,crankshaft+position+sensor+connector,2568 Ok, so I'm still a decent detective...
  6. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

Yeah, that part you've got sure look a LOT like the picture for the 97 - 2002 Mazda B4000 and Ranger XLT V6's I found. Do you know how much those are from NAPA? On EBay they're $18.95 I'm gonna take a hunch guess - you're a very knowledgeable automotive mechanic (I hate that "tech" term, to me...
  7. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

That would be great, would appreciate that part number. I assume that the AC Delco part is the same as whatever manufacturer Ford used? A universal connector part for all injectors and CP Sensors? Yeah if you could check your stock too. Who do you work for? Do they do online sales and...
  8. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

Ah wonderful, thanks for reading this thread and letting me know this info. Very much appreciated!!
  9. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

Thanks for the verification on the CPS and connector being a very likely cause of most of my problems with the "no start" issue. I've been shopping around for a very good price on a OEM CPS, but can't seem to find a replacement connector with a pigtail to splice in. I hope that isn't a problem...
  10. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

Yeah, the Cleveland's were heavy, I had to put a 180 lbs of lead bars in the trunk to keep the rear for traction when racing. But man what an engine. My bucket list is to find a '70 351C Mach 1 and convert it to my "Super Boss", drive it a bit and be buried in it. ;) Your 351M was part of the...
  11. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

Holy Cow! That is amazing looking, I had no idea that there was remotely enough room in a 90's Ranger to fit a 351 V8. I am so envious. Is that roller cam 351 the Windsor or the Cleveland block V8? It's been so long and my memories of the 70's is fading, but wasn't the Cleveland block smaller...
  12. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

Oh I agree on the out of warranty aspect, but I think Ford (and Mazda) should have sent a notice of the possible issue to be on the look out on high mileage trucks, that said in consideration that my dad worked for Ford Truck division and then owned several dealerships. I'm not sure how mush...
  13. Anyone removed the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch out of circuit because it's faulty (and expensive)?

Walt, You scared me about this shifting harmonic balancer problem on the 4.0L V6 motors, I checked mine (1997 4.0L V6 but it's the older OHV version) in my Mazda B4000SE. So I did a Google Research and it is indeed a serious problem and not just Rangers, also Mustangs, Explorers, F-150's etc...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad