• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cody93

1. cody93

Pedal assembly differences

So after dealing with a flaky manual master cylinder on my 87 ranger, ive decided its time to upgrade to power brakes simply because its easier to find new power master cylinders.. one set back is my pedal assembly.. I installed a booster from a 94 explorer but my issue is the rod from the...
  2. cody93

95-97 dual piston calipers worth the hassle to swap?

so im building up a v8 ranger and im basically building from frame up, its an 87.. ive read that you can upgrade to an oem dual piston caliper from a 95-97 ranger.. for all the parts and time, is it worth it? just currious.. how much better braking will it give and will gen 1 brake hoses fit...
  3. cody93

using an 89-92 cab/frame for an 86 truck

my 86 ranger had alot more rust than i expected.. ive decided to just replace the cab n frame since i already had replaced every other panel along the way in the last 4 years.. finding a good gen 1 body has been tricky as the few ive seen people are wanting atleast a grand for non pristine bodys...
  4. cody93

m5od-r2, what master/slave combo?

im getting too many differnt answers, what year/model master and slave cylinders do i use in a 302 with a 97+ m5od-r2, i know some combos work and some dont release the clutch fully.. this is going in an 86 if anyones asking.. someone said the 83-92 masters and slaves will work fine.. is this true?
  5. cody93

double sump dipstick length?

so heres my first snag building up my 302.. i have a 99 exploder 302 with an 80's mustang oil pan... i have the explorer dip tube n stick and a 94 mustang 302 tube with out the stick and i know the tube on an 80's ltd is 16.5 inches from end to end without tube.. i like the explorer tube cause...
  6. cody93

Multi-colored and Bi-polar 86 302 5spd project

*update: some images might be getting replaced because im using a free public photo sharing service, anything that dont look like a ranger/302 was probly overwritten well, i killed the 2.3... drove home on 2 cylinders, pulled head and found out that theres a crack in the cooling jacket in the...
  7. cody93

86 ranger fuel pressure question

ok, so im doing a 302 swap in one my rangers, its going to have a holley 4160 4bbl carb on it, which requires 5-7 psi of fuel pressure.. my question is does anyone know the pressure of the IN TANK pump, not the one on the frame rail.. hopefully its sufficient, planning on using an inline...
  8. cody93

My truck is possesed by the devil

ok, little back ground story, i have an 86 ranger w/ a 2.3 that cracked number 4 cylinder last month... so i was able to get it back to work where it will sit as i accumulate parts for a V8 swap.. luckily my boss let me use the company truck, a 1994 mazda b2300 ranger thingy... this is the...
  9. cody93

SBC swap? worth it?

soooo, i might have a chance to get a cheap running 350 SBC.. my 2.3's EFI is making me want to rip it out right now.. the wheels are in motion.. now, my question is what are the pro's and con's of a SBC vs SBF or even a 318 mopar.. ive always thought about swapping out to a bigger engine, i was...
  10. cody93

did i get slipped a turbo engine, minus the turbo?

well, heres that truck i bought for 600$ last year for parts, new battery, distributor and tires... the ad said it had a 2.0 in it... plans changed and now i want to get it road worthy but it ran poorly. i was certain it was the carburator so i bought a weber 32/36, pulled my intake manifold off...
  11. cody93

cobbled together POS..

well i decided to get my old parts truck fit for daily driving.. i bought it 8 months ago for parts, well the only parts i used it for was the grille, alternator and armrest.. i tought it was a 2.0 like the tittle says but its not. i belive its a 2.3 that was fuel injected that was rigged to...
  12. cody93

do i have a 2.0 or 2.3?

simple question, i was looking at my spare POS truck with what i think has a 2.0 but then i noticed theres no mechanical fuel pump. theres an electric one on the frame rail thats clearly after market and has rigged wiring to the fuse box. the oil cap is at the back, like on a 2.0. The vin says...
  13. cody93

asian 2barrel carb info

ok, so my other ranger finally wont start, its getting fuel to the carb and spark so its carb related.. i took the carb off and found a leak in the gasket between the carb and spacer, but since i have it off, ima clean it up inside. well, all the vaccum lines are plugged(PO capped them off with...
  14. cody93

93-94 tubular header on 87 2.3

well, after coming across a little cash, i decided to replace the o2 sensor in the ranger, well, the little turd is stuck in there and theres no easy way to get it out, i think a P/O didn't use anti sieze on it.. now i kinda broke the o2 sensor and stripped it a little... truck runs crappier...
  15. cody93

e brake not engaging

push down the parking brake pedal and heard a pop and e brake no worky... the pedal releases and latches down just fine. cable seems to have alot of slack now.. any ideas on what just happened? i realy dont wana pull the drums apart if i dont have too.. thanks for any help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad