• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by computersoc

1. Parking brake cable

I have a 2001 XLT 2.5L with manual transmission. I want to replace all the ebrake cables. How many are there and what's a good brand and part number to use? Is there one that goes from the front to back, then a left rear, and a right rear? I'm also not sure if I have 9 or 10 inch drums. I see...
  2. Broken tie rod?

Should I order an inner tie rod, outer tie rod, and bellow for both sides? I noticed some liquid leaked on the ground and you can see it's wet in the photo. How do they refill that?
  3. Broken tie rod?

2001 Ranger XLT 2.5L with RWD and manual transmission, single cab. 238k miles. Had this happen today in the picture. Looks like a tie rod? What all will I need replaced? The rack and pinion with tie rod ends? My shop lets me buy everything on Amazon or Rock Auto and bring it to them, but I'd...
  4. Parking brake part numbers?

So what connects from my parking brake pedal near my left foot and goes to the back of the vehicle?
  5. Parking brake part numbers?

I think number 3 is messed up. What size do I pick since I see multiple ones? Thanks.
  6. Parking brake part numbers?

I have a 2001 XLT 2.5L manual transmission with RWD. I am looking to redo the parking brake with OEM parts. Do I need anything other than the BRCA50 and BRCA29 Motorcraft parts?
  7. Leaking radiator on 2001 2.5L

I have a 2001 XLT 2.5L with about 234k miles. I notice small drips coming out of this area by the upper hose, but it's not leaking from the hose or connection itself. The hose is pretty new actually. I noticed after awhile my overflow reservoir was empty at cold start in the morning. Do I...
  8. AC leak after replacing engine

On my 2001 Ranger XLT RWD 2.5L engine, I had the shop that replaced my blown engine replace the refrigerant when they put in the donor engine. The AC worked fine for about a year but then it leaked out and blew warm. I just recharged it and it works fine again, but is there something that may...
  9. 2.5L ('98-'01) Sediment in cooling tank

Should I go back to the dealer and tell them I still have sediment or just leave it be?
  10. 2.5L ('98-'01) Sediment in cooling tank

I have a 2001 Ranger 2.5L engine. 235k miles on the radiator and all accessories. 125k on the engine. I keep getting sediment in the coolant tank every 1000 miles. Not much but enough to notice. I got a flush and it still happened. I waited about 3000 miles and went to the dealer since they...
  11. Why can't shops ever get the drums correct?

I will order one for $26 from Amazon unless the dealer has a Motorcraft version in stock for a similar price for pickup. Is it just coincidence that I got my rear brakes done and the light stays on? Not sure why it would act up all of a sudden. One other note, when I release the ebrake...
  12. Why can't shops ever get the drums correct?

I use it daily when I park. Ebrake cable was last replaced probably 6 or 7 years ago.
  13. Why can't shops ever get the drums correct?

I sprayed some WD40 on the switch and clicked it up and down. The light is still showing lit when I release the ebrake. I unplugged the switch and the light went away. What should I do next?
  14. Why can't shops ever get the drums correct?

The pedal comes up all the way. I tried lifting it more with my foot and it was already in the highest position to begin with. Light stays on. I'll have to try the WD40 tomorrow on the switch when it's light out.
  15. Why can't shops ever get the drums correct?

I pumped the ebrake pedal probably 40 times. The ebrake pedal feels pretty normal now but the light still stays on when when I disengage the ebrake. Master cylinder level is fine. What should I try next? Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad