• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Conflict

1. 2.5L ('98-'01) Yet another P1506 high idle thread

I recently changed my spark plugs and cleaned the throttle plate while I had the intake off. I'm embarrassed to admit it didn't occur to me I might have opened things up a bit. It was pretty bad. I will go back in and check for looseness.
  2. 2.5L ('98-'01) Yet another P1506 high idle thread

thanks Ron and Scott. I backed out the throttle screw 6 flats and it's totally drivable now. resting idle is 900 rolling is 1400. Measured TPS down to 19.2. Voltage out is .9V. CreepinJeepster said "Closed Throttle can be anywhere between 0.6-1.0 volts". I've had this truck for 13 years...
  3. 2.5L ('98-'01) Yet another P1506 high idle thread

I've read everything related. Successful solutions have been throttle plate adjustment bad, dpfe bad, iac bad, dirty idle passageway, maf bad, egr bad, and high voltage. I haven't seen anyone admit to a vacuum leak, bad pcv, or dirty throttle plate being the issue. Coolant temperature is...
  4. 2.5L ('98-'01) Can I unplug exhaust-stroke firing plugs?

2001 2.5 Anybody know which plugs are the exhaust-firing plugs? (all on secondary coil?) Wouldn't you just have a normal engine if you unplugged them?
  5. 01 7.5 Differential oil

manual says 80w90. autozone has no 80w90 synthetic. Can I use 75w90 synthetic? Tech page just says to use 80 or 90 oil. It's an 86 code so it's not limited slip. I'd like to have limited slip but the F axles have a small offset. Does that mean they are not a drop-in for my 2001 B2500?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad