• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cowboycowboy91

1. cowboycowboy91

I'm tired of replacing front end parts

I have a 2000 ford ranger 4x4 with a 3 inch body lift....the one in my profile pic, and I have been replacing front end parts right and left. I replaced both wheel bearing assemblies twice in 4 years, lower ball joints a couple times, upper control arms once and upper control arm bushing after 1...
  2. cowboycowboy91

4bt swap questions

I know the 4bt cummins swap has been talked to death on this forum, but I am new to the game and have no clue what all it entails. I have got my hands on a good run reconditioned 4bt p pump engine out of a bread truck. It has an allison behind it. Anyways, I know that my 4r44e trans has to go...
  3. cowboycowboy91

Where can I find a new tailshaft housing

I am looking for the tailshaft housing on a 1992 ford ranger 4x4 5 speed transmission. The tailshaft housing of the trans busted and the transfer case fell off. The trans and tranfer case is still good, but I just need the housing. Salvage yards refuse to part with one because it would render...
  4. cowboycowboy91

Did the 1992 4x4 ford rangers have fiberglass differential covers

My brother owns a 1992 4x4 ford ranger with the 8.8 rear end ring gear. Anyways, he uses this little truck like a four wheeler and gets cattle up with it and it sees offroad more than on. He ran over a rock yesterday that wedged against the rear diff and it started pouring rear end fluid. I...
  5. cowboycowboy91

3.0 flex fuel to 4.0ohv

I have a question, what is needed to swap out a 3.0 flex fuel with a early 90s model ranger 4.0 ohv engine? Could I just swap throttle bodies and fuel rail/injectors out and make it work? would the crank sensor and cps work with the computer of the 3.0 flex fuel? I know I have swapped parts from...
  6. cowboycowboy91

What is the value of a 1979 chevy k20

My brother has a k30 & k20 truck. The K20 isn't running and he just wants to sell it. It has locking hubs up front and says spicer on it. It has the engine and trans in it with no parts robbed off except the alternator. How much would you think it would be worth? He is wanting to sell it to pay...
  7. cowboycowboy91

Goodwrench 350 engine?

Does anyone know if those Goodwrench 350 crate engines are good? They are brand new replicas of the GM 350 from what I understand. They fit between 71-85 chevy pickups and suburbans I think....well, they fit anything, but that is what they warrenty the engine under. It has a 3 year or 100000...
  8. cowboycowboy91

Where to find front bumper valance

I am looking for the front bumper valance and fog lights for a 2000 ford ranger stepside. I have not had a bit of luck at salvage yards and have found some online, but summit racing wants about 60 bucks for theirs and with it being a replication and not factory, I am unsure of it's quality. I...
  9. cowboycowboy91

Lack of power

I recently finished body work on a 2000 ford ranger 4wd. I was fixing it for my sister and it had been wrecked into a tree. Anyways, it has 118000 miles on it. It is the flex fuel engine. I did a trans service and oil change and it runs absolutely great. No misfires, no check engine...
  10. cowboycowboy91

Airbag system problems

I have several questions about the airbag system on a 2000 ford ranger 4wd with a 3.0L. Anyways, I bought the truck and was fixing it up for my sister. The woman who had it before had smacked a tree and set off both airbags. Repairing the body was no big issue and after a little welding and...
  11. cowboycowboy91

need to know bolt size

My brothers 1992 ford ranger 4x4 had the transfer case bolts back out and fall off. The entire transfercase fell down and busted a chunck of aluminum off of the tail of the trans. It is a 5 speed standard trans. Anyways, there is 4 bolt holes on it, but no bolts for comparison. Does anyone know...
  12. cowboycowboy91

4wd is f'ed up

I am almost to the point on flipping a match in this truck to watch it burn. I have a 2000 ranger 4wd. The 4wd quit working. The 4 high and 4 low lights were just blinking on and off. So, I had a 4wd module off of another truck that I put in it to see if it fixed it. I moved the switch to 4 lo...
  13. cowboycowboy91

Changing ECM question

On a 2000 ranger, if you change out the ECM will that mess up the PATS system and make it necessary to get a new key? My computer has been going haywire in my 2000 ranger. I have 3 or them, all 2000, and all 4wd. 1 of them is for parts. I was going to take out the ECM from the parts truck and...
  14. cowboycowboy91

Air bag module

This is what I need to look for right?
  15. cowboycowboy91

Air bag module

pics of the core support Where is the air bag sensors? Sorry for the poor quality pics, I just took them in the dark with my flashlight.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad