• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cr_the_machinist

1. cr_the_machinist

Advise on removing creases from drivers side door

I have a number of mild creases in my drivers side door from a buddy sliding into my truck last winter (very icy driveway). I'm looking for some advise on how to remove these. I can post a picture if that would help. Not looking to make them completely disappear, but I like to make them at...
  2. cr_the_machinist

Cool Ford EFI Reference Website...

Thought this was a decent page for reference. Just stumbled upon it one day and has been in my browsers bookmarks ever since. Just thought I'd share it cause maybe it could help someone out. http://fordfuelinjection.com/
  3. cr_the_machinist

The gun thread...

Here's my Bushmaster AR in 5.56. Swapped out the original 16" ORC barrel for a 20" government profile. Made in my good'ol home state of Maine. Thinking about getting a light weight 16" to make it more carry friendly. Using a Panther Arms rear iron sight (the only high quality fixed rear iron...
  4. cr_the_machinist

Toyo Open Country A/T

I've put 16,000 miles on these tires so far and I'm pretty satisfied. I purchased these tires in P265/75-16, a slight step up from the OEM 245/75-16's. At the time they costed me $128 per tire but they are up to $141 from the same tire dealer. They are still very affordable for a tire of it's...
  5. cr_the_machinist

My Daily Driver

Here's my pretty much bone stock '99 4x4 Sport. I'm running Toyo Open Country A/T's in P265/75-16 (great tires). Also, I've replaced to exhaust with a Dynomax Ultra-Flo Catback (Stock mufflers was getting a little crusty). I currently have 125,000 miles on the clock.
  6. cr_the_machinist

Oil pressure switch thread pitch?

Anyone know the thread pitch on the oil pressure switch used in a 99 4.0 OHV?
  7. cr_the_machinist

Mosin–Nagant 7.62x54R

Very, very, very hard. If you know some basic machine shop theory and drill & tap the receiver correctly, they work 20x better than those b.s. aluminum scout mounts (the s&k looks good though). The mount is steel and the scope body is steel as well. You could the rifle by the scope and it...
  8. cr_the_machinist

Mosin–Nagant 7.62x54R

PE, PEM, or PU Scope is the only way to go! 1954 Romanian M44 1940 Tula M91/30 1942 PU Sniper (Reproduction)
  9. cr_the_machinist

'99 4.0 OHV throws P0174 cel but never P0171.

My truck has been throwing a Bank 2 lean code for about 2~3 months now. It's not sensor related because I've tested everything, nothing came back unusual. I would assume that if there was a vacuum leak introduced into the upper intake area that it would eventually trigger a leak code on bank 1...
  10. cr_the_machinist

Oxygen Voltage Readout Questions....

Oxygen Sensor Voltage Readout Questions.... replaced both of my upstream oxygen sensors today and decided to bench test the old ones. I took the propane torch to them and hooked up the trusty fluke. One read fine, getting up to 0.600 volts near the 20 second mark and returns back to 0.000...
  11. cr_the_machinist

The gun thread...

Mosin Nagant hex reciever (7.62X54R, all matching s/n's) CZ 452 American with Nikon Prostaff 4x32 (22LR) Mossberg 500 Home Security (12 Guage, 18.5" Barrel) Yugoslavian M24/47 Mauser (8mm Mauser, all matching s/n's))
  12. cr_the_machinist

Put new shoes on the Truck!

Replaced my BFG A/T's in 245/75-16 for Some Toyo Open Country A/T's in 265/75-16. I'm happy so far. :icon_thumby: OLD BFG's: NEW TOYO's:
  13. cr_the_machinist

99 4.0L OHV throwing P1152 code

My trucks computer intermittently throws a P1152 code. It states "O2 Sensor Indicates Rich / Low Voltage - Bank #2". I've recently put a new MAF and TPS but not becuase of the code. Has anyone had any experience in the past with this code. It causes my truck to run pretty soggy and surge /...
  14. cr_the_machinist

The gun thread...

Here's my little arsenal 1933 Soviet Hexed M91/30 all numbers matching original 1943 Soviet M91/30 Refrub, soon to be PU Sniper CZ-452 22LR American with 3-10x40mm scope
  15. cr_the_machinist

Bad MAF > 5r55e Hard Jerking Shifts..... related???

I've tested the wiring harness to the pcm and all components related to the maf (no faults). Error code p0102 (maf input too low) is the only code that has come up enough the throw the cel (I've also found codes mixture rich bank 1&2). Idle maf reading are within spec but once you touch the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad