• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by creyc

1. Severe engine problems

After trying to diagnose some minor engine codes earlier (O2 sensor, coolant temp sensor) my truck now runs terribly and is un-drivable. Accelerating from first gear is very laborious, the engine surges and I can hear the drivetrain clunking underneath as I lose power. Once the truck is moving...
  2. Rough idle, runs rich, poor gas mileage, engine code

I have a '94 Ranger, 2.3L with about 175,000 mi. When I start the truck up it runs okay for a few seconds before dropping down to a lower, rough idle speed. It also throws an engine code at this point "coil circuit failure on cylinders 1, 2, 3 or 4". Gas mileage is low, and it smells very...
  3. 94' 2.3 runs rich, Code 224 coil circuit failure??

I have a code 224 "coil 1,2,3 or 4 circuit failure". I'm not sure how to go about fixing this, I put in new coils and got the same error code. It's the 2.3 EFI with twin plugs per cylinder. It runs and always starts, but it runs rich and I want to figure out the problem. I heard replacing...
  4. Very rich smell, OK fuel economy, dash light, related?

My 1994 fuel-injected ranger seems to be running fairly rich and I'm not sure how to adjust this. Idling it smells pretty bad, even though I get 16-17 MPG or so. I have a check engine light on the dash but haven't taken it to the dealer to get diagnosed yet, I was hoping it's something I could...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad