• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by CYBERFUKD

1. 2.9 MAF California Improvements

Good point and thanks for the thoughts.
  2. 2.9 MAF California Improvements

I was thinking the fast burn chambers and additional compression would be beneficial.
  3. 2.9 MAF California Improvements

So, we ended up blowing off 3 belts during the last race. Long story, but we sheered the pully off the alternator. Not entirely sure how we did it. All the threads on the alternator shaft are stripped. We overheated it 4 times, but still ran the final 6 hours without issue. She has no guts...
  4. 2.9 MAF California Improvements

Thanks. She does have an issue with hot starts already. I’m thinking that it’s due to heat soaking the starter. Installing a heat shield before the next race. I’m also wondering if a gear reduction starter is a good idea.
  5. 2.9 MAF California Improvements

Another question for the experts here. What is a safe amount of timing advancement? Stock is 10 degrees. The engine has fallen behind to about 8 degrees. When we set it, what are the thoughts on advancing it to 12 or 14 degrees? Seems like 12 is definitely safe, is 14 pushing it too much...
  6. 2.9 MAF California Improvements

Not a fan of that for endurance racing. Thanks for the info. I bought a 2.5-2.75 silicone reducing elbow to use as a short ram. The battery is relocated to the rear. I also built a Watts link for it.we were in a pretty big wreck last year and cut the front off of another ranger (that’s still...
  7. 2.9 MAF California Improvements

Thanks for sharing that link. Very interesting system. we change our oil every race weekend (VR1 synthetic 50 weight). We hope the next time this engine is removed is for a 5.0 swap. In the event we keep and rebuild the 2.9, I will definitely be installing that evacuation system.
  8. 2.9 MAF California Improvements

Thanks for your feedback. My goal is to vent those bad engine gases to the atmosphere. I want to eliminate blow-by from entering the intake. It sounds like you're saying that's not a good idea?
  9. 2.9 MAF California Improvements

I own a 1990 MAF California 2.9 that I endurance track race. Truck is run HARD for 8 hours at a time. It's a budget program, so we look for ways to make small improvements cheaply. The engine has headers, straight pipes and an airbox delete. Unnecessary accessories have been deleted and...
  10. 2.9 with 3.0 tranny

Ah, now I feel dumb...Thanks for the quick reply. We're pulling the transmission this weekend, probably something I would have learned then.
  11. 2.9 with 3.0 tranny

I have a 1990 2.9L 2wd 5-speed that needs to be replaced. I found a good deal on a 3.0 transmission. Can I use the 2.9 Bell housing on the 3.0 tranny and drop it in? Thanks for the help.
  12. Road racing a Ranger

https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/but-wait-theres-more/a34389249/24-hours-of-lemons-cybertruck-homage-nearly-indistinguishable-from-real-thing/
  13. Road racing a Ranger

Thanks! watts link (Dodge Durango) and a f-350 master cylinder showed up today. Time to get started!
  14. Road racing a Ranger

I track race a 1990 ranger. Any opinions you have on making it faster are appreciated. Where we’re at: Longbed stock 2.9L & 5-speed. (Amazing we can still rev this 30 year old engine over 5K for hours) 8.8 rear-end swap with bracket flip Cut front springs. PS deleted 15x8 alloy slot mags on...
  15. Used oil analysis

I just did my oil analysis. It’s a 1990 2.9L I track race. Looks like that 302 swap may be needed sooner than later.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad