• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DavidW

1. Ported Vacuum Switch

Can anyone direct me to where to find the Ported Vacuum Switch on my 1996 Ford Ranger 4.0L, 6 Cyl. 4WD. A picture would be GREAT. Still have a vacuum leak and still throwing parts at it. Thanks in advance.
  2. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x2 (Splash)

Ok, Ok, thanks for that info. What's your recommendation where I should look?
  3. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x2 (Splash)

So are you saying the crank position sensor maybe be bad? I guess I'm confused since I'm not any kind of mechanic. Thanks again for all your help.
  4. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x2 (Splash)

Replaced IAC Valve, Throttle Body Sensor, Spark Plug Wires and Air Filter. All new parts. Sprayed MAF Sensor with MAF Cleaner. Still idles rough. RPM's goes down to abt 500. I think the MAF Sensor is next.
  5. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x2 (Splash)

D I did it a couple of times, the spring never moved, the IAC just made a little "pop-type noise" like it was trying to do something. It appeared to be stuck trying to move.
  6. AC Leak (somewhere)

Thanks for the reply. All the AC Tech used was a green pen light and looked all under the hood. I see those sniffers online at Amazon starting at 20.00 and up. Maybe worth the investment.
  7. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x2 (Splash)

I went out and started the Ranger, when I unplugged the IAC Valve, the engine died. When I took off the IAC valve and just turned the key to 'ON', the IAC valve did not move and just made a puff noise. I guess the IAC is bad. Your advice and recommendation please.
  8. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x2 (Splash)

So are ya saying, it maybe the PCM/ECM which is located on the passenger side, back firewall? I will try the IAC tomorrow morning. Thanks for the information.
  9. AC Leak (somewhere)

1996 Ford Ranger 4WD, 6CYL, 4.0. I had the AC serviced last year (added freon) and all worked well for abt 2 weeks (COLD AIR). Over time, it depleted. I ran a dye and light all over the engine compartment but could not find a leak. Any suggestions on where to look before I invest again. Thanks.
  10. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x2 (Splash)

Thanks for the tip, I will check with them. I just test drove the Ranger. The RPM's still drop but not like before. I think when I came to full stop, the RPM's went down to 4 or 500. I think tomorrow I'll get the new wires, ECT Sensor, IAC Valve and MAF Sensor. Will follow-up. Thanks again.
  11. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x2 (Splash)

I cleaned the IAC Valve and the Mass Air Flow Sensor, that seems to help the idle issue. It idles at about 900 RPM's now. Thank you. I will replace the ECT Sensor tomorrow and the spark plug wires, since #6 gives a shock when touched (the others do not). Thank you again for your help.
  12. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x2 (Splash)

Thank you for your assistance. Looks like a trip to the partshouse tomorrow with a wad of cash and get these parts. Will follow-up tomorrow with my progress.
  13. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x2 (Splash)

P0117, P1443, & P0174 Here's some screen shots of my RPM's. That's as many as I can upload at this time I hope this helps.
  14. 1996 Ford Ranger 4x2 (Splash)

Engine idles very rough and have to keep foot on accelerator to keep running. I know I have 1 bad spark plug wire and have replace the plugs. I do have 2 OBDII error codes, one has to do with the engine temp gauge (I put in a analog one) and an emission error (purge valve solenoid). Any...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad