• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DCman

1. DCman

3.73 vs 4.10 gears - fuel economy?

No, he's not. I've proved this to myself several times.
  2. DCman

Good to know that I won't need to correct the speedo if I change gears in the rear end (as long as I stick with the same size tires), so I thank you gentlemen for that information. However, Ron's definition of what "3.73" and "4.10" mean are incorrect. Those numbers are Gear Ratios. ANY ratio...
  3. DCman

2.5L ('98-'01) Hard starting

Never mind, you crossed it out. Finding the manual for my reader must've answered your question. No, I did not ask about bluetooth scanners. It was something RonD brought up. I'm trying to diagnois a hard starting problem that persists with my truck.
  4. DCman

Orca, Read back through the thread and you'll see where this conversation deviated from gathering the experience of other members, in order to fathom out a hard starting issue I'm having with my truck, to a recommendation thread on bluetooth readers (although one did begat the other, so its not...
  5. DCman

I currently own a Zurich ZR4 and I believe it not only gives the code, but defines it as well. What do you guys think about this one? --> https://www.amazon.com/unbrand-ELM327-Modified-ELMconfig-Forscan/dp/B07YFX46VM/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=ELM327&qid=1616423324&sr=8-18 (If you need a...
  6. DCman

Thanks Ron. Appreciate the guidance.
  7. DCman

Sorry, but is "The Bluetooth OBD2" a Make/Model of bluetooth reader? I tried looking it up but nothing particular hit. It sounds like you're talking about something specific, but I think I'm missing something here. Can you please clarify what it is you're referring to? Thanks.
  8. DCman

I just want to keep my truck running. Thanks for the advice,
  9. DCman

Can you recommend a make/model?
  10. DCman

Sorry Ron, no can do. If these terms ring familiar bells in the cobwebs of your memory, its not a "Tech1". It's more like a "Breakout Box". Ignition on, but engine off.
  11. DCman

Sorry for the late reply Ron. No, it doesn't show any of those, but I think my prior reply may have mislead you a little. You mentioned a BLUETOOTH OBD2 reader. I have a reader for OBD2 but it isn't Bluetooth.
  12. DCman

2.3L ('83-'97) Need to replace my 1992 Ranger engine: 2.3 L, 4 cylinder, 5-speed, floor shifter

I get that to mount the newer engine in the older truck, you're pretty much looking at completely chaning out the wiring harness & ECM, but what about the reluctor wheel? Is there any difficulty, assuming both hall effects and reluctor are mounted to the harmonic balancer, in changing that out...
  13. DCman

I was going to suggest Super Swamper TSL/SSR Radial 27x9.50R15's, but if you wanna stick with what you have, that's fine. One of my nephews used to work at that resort out in McCall a few years back. Ended up managing the restaurant portion, then took over a sushi place that was also in McCall...
  14. DCman

Interesting comment. I was sure you'd definitely be yea or nay. Never heard that about towing a trailer before. Could it be roll resistance from the tires, and/or dry bearings, and/or dragging brakes? Have you tested that trailer by towing it empty? If it still drags the truck down (not nearly...
  15. DCman

Do you feel the 3.73's were still a little tall for the work you described in your prior post? (post #39 on page 3)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad