• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Defective

1. 1996 4.0 REAR MAIN SEAL

Thanks for the replies. Coffee can lid method holding oil so far with at about 1k miles now. No, thank you, on the tool offering. :) Here is the most informative video I found...
  2. 1996 4.0 REAR MAIN SEAL

It definitely should need a tool, ford t95t-6701-a3, or OTC #7834. It looks like it's got steps to hold the seal and the flange where the go, and stop in the right spot when putting it in. I couldn't find one locally. You can order them online, and even the actual fel-pro tool there too, but...
  3. 1996 4.0 REAR MAIN SEAL

I picked up a new rear main seal the other day to replace mine while doing the clutch. It's a fel-pro BS 40619. It came with a metal sleeve. Anybody have any experience with this particular seal? There are no instructions or anything on how this should go in, whether you need a special tool...
  4. Flywheel question

Thanks guys. 5 minutes of researching the issues with resurfaced flywheels and not knowing anything about this one made me want to just buy the new one and be done.
  5. Defective's DD build

Just looking back through my thread. Thought I had updated it a little while back, but I guess not. Anyway, I put the Ranger back on the road again last March with the new front end setup. I've put probably around 15k on it, maybe more. It's been absolutely flawless up there. I didn't do...
  6. Flywheel question

1996 4.0 5spd 4x4. Changing out the clutch/slave. My flywheel has what looks like little fractures all around the surface. I got lucky looking through my parts and found a fresh resurfaced one. Only problem is one of the pins is broken and was surfaced flat with the rest. The other two pins...
  7. D44 IFS seals

Thanks 4x4junkie. Your post inspired me to do some more checking using earlier years and also for a bronco which allowed me to come to this conclusion: It appears Ford used several different methods in this area on the D44. Later years apparently use an inner and outer axle seal and no metal...
  8. D44 IFS seals

D44 TTB seals Can anybody offer some insight into what seal(s) go between the axle stub and spindle, and what seal goes on the spindle before the hub/brake disc goes on? I've looked at too many websites and am confused now. It's for a D44/35 hybrid I've been working on and off for years. I...
  9. The gun thread...

I just called the Sportsman's Warehouse that's on my way home from work. They have a couple XDs in 9mm on the wall. Black and Bitone, so I guess technically there are a couple different versions. I'll likely be taking one home tonight if they are still there.
  10. The gun thread...

I know what the 's' is, didn't you see I said we own a .45 version? :) I'm only aware of one version of the XDs 9mm though, single stack, and it only just recently became available. I see the .45's every time I hit Sportsmans Warehouse now. There were some early reviews on the 9, and lot's of...
  11. The gun thread...

Was that XDs 9mm actually for sale? Been waiting for these to come out for a while now. My wife has the .45 and it's pretty sweet. I want the 9mm. I've seen the .45 available at several stores here recently, so not so rare anymore.
  12. Good first gun options - .22 and russian surplus rifles?

And if you didn't know it, .22lr is the hardest normal ammunition to find right now, unless you want to pay 3 times normal retail off somebody on the internet. I think things are slowly getting back to normal though.
  13. Good first gun options - .22 and russian surplus rifles?

Did I miss something? There are Marlin .22lr's with detachable magazines. The "Papoose" comes with detachable 7 rnd mag and has removable barrel and a waterproof/float-able pack for it. You can get 25 round mags also. If not interested in a collapsible rifle, then the 795 is available both...
  14. boolit thread

It's been difficult around here, but not impossible. By getting to know some of the local store's delivery schedules and persistence, I've managed to collect about 1k rounds for almost every caliber I need, minus the 300wm and .25acp. Before the first of the year, I had maybe 50 .45s, 25 9mm...
  15. Are the d35 beam housings the same?

Is the driver's side axle housing from a 92-94 Explorer d35 the same as what's under my 1996 Ranger with a d35? When I search on car-parts.com they don't seem to interchange.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad