Recent content by Dirtman

1. Dirtman

Airbag code 46?

It's a seatbelt issue not an airbag issue. Something wrong with the seat belt pretensioner or wiring. Or it was deployed and never replaced.
  2. Dirtman

oil preference/recommendation

Oh I realize it's a million to one probability. But it's always been one of those dumb things in the back of my head. Not really any rational argument... but eh... I use femco.
  3. Dirtman

Reductive Design... from Ford CEO

So pull the fuse and put a broken one in... And my statement stands, rangers aren't expensive enough for thieves with the tech knowledge or tools to steal them even want them. If you have those tools you steal expensive cars...
  4. Dirtman

Look at the femco ones. They are no lower than the factory drain plug and no lever to open.
  5. Dirtman

Suggestions?!

Do you have torsion bars or coils?
  6. Dirtman

These things always made me nervous, not that I've ever heard anyone complain about them but something about just having a lever to drain the oil makes me uneasy.. I like the femco ones that have a cap, and then you screw on the hose to make the oil start draining. Still no tools required but a...
  7. Dirtman

Lucky **** I work on gravel, and I believe each stone was personally sharpened by satan himself.
  8. Dirtman

How dang big is your bung hole that you cant get a sample container under there quick enough... :icon_rofl: Their instructions not mine. https://www.blackstone-labs.com/information/sampling-procedures/gas-sampling/
  9. Dirtman

Pretty hard to steal a 98+ ranger locked or unlocked. You might get your stuff stolen out of it but PATS is a damn good anti theft system. Some people can't even get their own trucks to start with it. :ROFLMAO: I never lock my doors, I'd rather have them steal my loose change than brake my...
  10. Dirtman

The blackstone instructions say NOT to do this. Take the sample halfway through the draining process. If you do it as soon as you open the plug you can get sediment/sludge in the sample which will ruin the test.
  11. Dirtman

I pull the ABS fuse when it snows. In dry weather, rain, or ice it's a great feature. But in snow I find it utterly useless and just increases stopping distance. I've always considered just adding a switch on the fuse circuit so I can turn it off and on quickly as needed.
  12. Dirtman

Beat me to it!!!
  13. Dirtman

My 2005 model's dome light functions intermittently.

May wanna back up a bit before digging into the SJB.... have you simply opened up the light and checked the ground and connections for corrosion?
  14. Dirtman

I hate oil discussions but I will simply state this. I send samples to Blackstone and ran Mobil 1 5w20 for the first 6 or so years. Tests showed slightly higher than average copper and iron wear. I then switched to pennzoil ultra platinum 5w20 (super cheap on amazon) and subsequent tests showed...
  15. Dirtman

2003 Ford Ranger XLT

"Undercoated" Aka the frame is rotten....