• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by djt

1. djt

Instrument/gauge cluster wiring problems

I've already done the 4.0 swap and it runs great. I have the whole wiring harness for a '97 in an '88, but i want to go back with the '88 gauges. I need either cluster wiring diagrams for both or diagram showing which wires to splice into which. I found a diagram showing which wires to splice...
  2. djt

m5od-r1 squealing/whining

I finally got everything in and it was running great. After driving for a few days of driving, occasionally an odd whining noise started and sounded like a wheel bearing was going out but with a higher pitch squeal and coming from the transmission area. Now it's become an occasional high pitch...
  3. djt

4wd popping

does anyone know what would cause a popping noise from the front end only with 4wd engaged. 4wd locks in normally but after rolling a few feet the front end feels like its binding then pops freeing it up again. the u-joints and bearings have already been replaced.
  4. djt

A4LD to M5OD swap

I already swapped in a 97 4.0 and wiring harness for a manual. I bypassed all the electronics on the a4ld, but it finally gave out with only 1st gear. I still have the 97 donor truck with all the parts for the m5od, but i just need to know what will and wont work with my 88 ranger if i do a swap...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad