• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by don4331

1. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

Did you order bearings for an '87 Ranger or a '97 one? Does the bearing fit on the spindle? '87 Ranger uses cup/cone id od thickness LM67048/LM67010 1.250 2.328 0.625 aka set 6 LM67048/LM67010 0.750 1.781 0.610 '97 Ranger uses LM48549/LM48510 1.375 2.5625...
  2. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

Race is install on the side you've taken the picture for. Seal isn't, but you'd want to install the greased bearing before anyways.
  3. Towing a B2 on a dolly?

I don't think you're calling me out but perhaps pointing out differences between the American and Canadian U-Haul tow dollies. I think we might both be correct for our respective locations: Pennsylvania doesn't require brakes until trailer GVW exceeds 3k lbs. Michigan is also 3k lbs. Alberta...
  4. Towing a B2 on a dolly?

I'm just telling you how I've done; probably 1/2 of the 20 Rangers I've fixed up came home on a dolly, over 8,000 km. I know it doesn't need the 2nd pivot point, I just don't want it to break the steering column pin. If nervous follow U-hauls instructions. The front wheels of the BII will be...
  5. Hello from Poland . My Ranger Edge Restoration

I missed this 1st ime around. Trailer converter would be bass ackwards - it converts separate turn and running/brake lights in running/turn & brake lights. I'm not sure it would split signal off... What you need is someone with nefarious skills and knowledge" a. You pick up a set of...
  6. Towing a B2 on a dolly?

You want the transmission in 4th and the transfer case in neutral. The output shaft of the transfer case spins the pump and so lubricates the transfer case bearings & gears. The transmission in 4th prevents the transfer case input from even turning the transmission output shaft slowly (The...
  7. Explorer Sport trac brake upgrade for Ranger Help needed badly

The article for installing 2wd Sport Trac 12-inch rotors requires you to manufacture an adapter to move the '95-'97 calipers out the 7/8". If you have '04 Sport Trac calipers you would need different spacing on the holes (as you have found out).
  8. What parts to salvage from Explorer, and Sport Tracs for application in my B3000.

You are correct, the Edge/DS/Sport Trac RWD models have integrated hub and rotor. But the 12" rotors are ~3/4" too large for the calipers of a coil spring truck. There are several threads where members order from Napa/Rockauto/etc and received incompatible parts. Unfortunately, most of the...
  9. What parts to salvage from Explorer, and Sport Tracs for application in my B3000.

All Sport Tracs have torsion bars; the US 2wd ones would be the rough equivalent of a 2wd Edge Ranger (the torsion bar one that looks like a 4wd but isn't). The '04 Sport Trac rear axle would be the same as '98-00 Explorer i.e. 8.8 with 31 spline axles and disc brakes. The newer Sport Trac and...
  10. What parts to salvage from Explorer, and Sport Tracs for application in my B3000.

They are completely different rotors because your truck is a coil spring model and the Sport Tracs are torsion bar. Caliper is different too. You will note, the upgrade in the link was for 2wd Sport Tracs (never sold in Canada, eh) and for '95-97 TIB Rangers (again different caliper setup).
  11. Inspiration for Tesla's Cybertruck Revealed?!

Long RANT In theory, it is possible to get an F150 with payload >3k lbs/GVWR >7,850 lbs, GAWR F 3,400lbs, R 4,800lbs. But that requires: Regular Cab Long box 4x2 with HDPP (Heavy Duty Payload Package - which includes heavy frame, 18" LT tires & 9-3/4" rear axle). It has to be an XL, with...
  12. 1997 Ranger engine swap

While @RonD might consider swapping 2.3 for 4.0 a labour of love; I consider it a great learning experience for a neophite. You learn all about pulling transmission, pulling engine, wiring, rerouting intake & exhaust with something you can always look at what the factory did. And maybe you do...
  13. Swapping +1 wheels

In most cases, people are going wider as well as taller. Who installs 235/75R17s ? But rather they install 265/75R15s (aka 31x10.5R15) to so while increasing diameter ~3", they've also increased width an inch. <In your original example, you've added 1.5" width and 4" diameter. The other...
  14. Improving ride quality and handling via lowering? '03 B3000, Std Cab+Short Bed.

In for a penny, in for a pound... The Mazda front fenders, need the Mazda headlight/headlight trim, which needs the Mazda grill. In turn that necessitates Mazda hood and bumper. I thought about it too - it all bolts together, but you need the whole front clip. Then I think there were...
  15. Improving ride quality and handling via lowering? '03 B3000, Std Cab+Short Bed.

'98-'08 Mazda's have the 'semi' flareside box. I've a Ranger I just got ready to sell, so little disappoint that prices have dropped :cool:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad