• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by eREdge

1. B1342 and P0500

i couldn't find anything about the sensor when i first got the code for my specific year and engine. it doesnt throw an engine light and some scanners don't pick it up. Is the module by the battery and does that mean i have to replace it? Will it need reprogramming? Will a module from any 2x4...
  2. B1342 and P0500

So i like to scan my Ranger once or twice a month to make sure everything is in tip top shape. There is no CEL, but i scanned it anyways The scanner read B1342 - no definition, but searching online, its ABS related P0500 - Speed Sensor Malfunction, Speedometer works, transmission shifts fine...
  3. Steering Wheel Play/Slack

:)it was the steering shaft
  4. Steering Wheel Play/Slack

bump still dealing with this problem. i need to fix it ASAP. i feel the truck swerve more left and right when its rain and windy. anyone have some input?
  5. How do YOU guys accurately check your transmission fluid level?

Thank you. I probably made it more complicated than it should be. I just installed a drain plug last fluid change so that should come in handy :)
  6. How do YOU guys accurately check your transmission fluid level?

Lol I feel like a rookie because I'm still having trouble with this :cry: Should I be driving the truck first until warm, park, go through all the gears and then check the dip stick? Or turn it on when cold, go through the gears and let it sit til warm. Then check the dip stick? Because both...
  7. Wet headliner

You can find clear silicone at any parts store
  8. Wet headliner

I bought a new gasket off eBay for $20 iirc. Also used some clear silicone for extra measure. And make sure it's not your rear window seal that is leaking first.
  9. P0325?

Yes the Speedometer is working. Although it would sometimes bounce around when parked. It hasn't done that in months. Same with the low voltage. Some times the needle would read low. Last time the truck stalled was when I cleaned the MAF sensor and forgot to plug it back in lol. That was a...
  10. Steering Wheel Play/Slack

Ok I'll give that a try this weekend. They should be solid though. They were replaced when I did the outer tie rods.
  11. P0325?

Hey Ron, I had the computer scanned at a parts store and the same P0325 code came up along with 3 GEM codes P0325 - Knock/combustion vibration sensor 1 circuit bank 1 malfunction Cam synchro code??? B1318 - Battery Voltage Low B1359 - Ignition run/accessory circuit failure P0500 - Vehicle...
  12. Wet headliner

Just a update I have not seen any water build up since the repairs or stains. I think my mind was playing tricks on me lol
  13. i recently bought a 3.0 2002 ranger with automatic for my teenage grandson

what does a bad cam sync sound like or how do i know when to change it? My Ranger has about the same mileage. i don't know if it has ever been replaced
  14. Steering Wheel Play/Slack

got under the truck and this time had somebody move the steering wheel back and forth. The wheels dont move at all and i didn't see any suspensions parts like the tie rods move either. Only movement comes from the steering wheel down to the Rack. As mentioned, the Rack was replaced by the...
  15. P0325?

Sup guys, I just bought a new OBD2 scanner and while my truck isn't throwing an engine light I decided to scan it anyways. Only a p0325 knock sensor code came up. I searched the webs and couldn't find anything on the 3.0L . In fact, I read these engines didn't come with a knock sensor? P0325 -...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad