• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ernieb

1. Braided fuel line fittings size?

Hi Guys, Still working on putting the 302 in a '91 Ranger 4x4 Supercab. I have a fuel pressure regulator mounted on the fender. I want to re-use the factory braided fuel lines that originally fed the fuel rail and the return. They are the flared-threaded type. We kept the in tank fuel pump and...
  2. 4.0 to 302 / R1 to R2 tranny swap

Hey guys, We are in the middle of a 4.0 v6 to 302-V8 swap. So, we are swapping the M5r1 to an M5R2. This is a '91 Supercab 4x4. The red 2 conductor plug is on both trannies...I assum this is the back-up light switch? The black 2 conductor plug is on the R1 but not the R2? I saw in the tech...
  3. Where to poke the holes?

Hey Guys, We are in the middle of a 302 transplant into my old '91 Ranger Supercab 4x4 that was originally 4.0 and 5 speed. We are ready(we think) to mount the motor...does anyone have a good measurement of where to nail the Mustang motor mounts down to the frame? (I have a pic of the frame/...
  4. 1354e vs 1356e Transfer case swap

Ok guys, My adventurous 16yr old son is dead set on putting a 302 in my old daily driver '91 4.0 Super cab 4x4. I have kinda warmed up to the idea...now that the motor, tranny, and transfer case are sitting on the garage floor. We also have a solid used 302, and a '97 M5R2 sitting beside them...
  5. 4.0 low idle when cold

Hi guys, Been a while since I was here...usually only drop n when I have trouble :dntknw: Actually I had to re-register? Whatsup wid dat? Anyway, I have over 175,000 miles on my '91 4x4 with 4.0, 5 speed. Recently noticed sometimes it idles very low, maybe 500rpm, even to the point of the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad