• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by f6boomer

1. f6boomer

Front wheels not centered in wheel well

87 B2, D35, polyurethane radius arm bushings, +2" coils, 235/75-15's on stock alloys.Both front wheels sit rearward in wheel well, tires rub fender and fender liner at back. Any ideas on moving them forward an inch or so? Possibly washers/spacer on radius arm in front of bushing? Any help will...
  2. f6boomer

After replacing all bulbs w/ LEDs, a few glitches

I replaced front and rear bulbs and turn flasher from Superbrightleds. Now the tail lights (and not front markers) come on low when ign key is on. when the parking/marker lights are turned on they go to regular brightness and bright when brake is applied. This in and of itself is not a bad...
  3. f6boomer

Chrome/Stainless wiper arms & windshield trim

Does anyone know of a source for stainless or chrome wiper arms and windshield trim molding? '87 B2. I want to replace the black pieces with bright stainless. TIA
  4. f6boomer

Aftermarket Bumpers

Since there are limited options for Gen 1 BII's and Rangers, does anyone know of alternatives? Such as, Early Bronco, Scouts, (jeeps) or others that have similar frame width and overall width. I don't mind drilling more holes, I just don't want to cut and weld (or fill a gap with 20 washers) a...
  5. f6boomer

D35 hubs ?

I got the D35 in and am changing from auto hubs to Warn 37780s. I've installed the new 3 pc nut set that holds the rotor and wheel bearings to spindle. Do I still need the splined washer and C clip on the axle stub that extends past the spindle? If so, I'm TARFU'ed because all the old parts got...
  6. f6boomer

D 35 going in this weekend

D35 going in this weekend- IT'S IN ! Picked up a D35 TTB from a 92 explorer at JY a few weeks ago. Been replacing Ujoints, spindles and brakes then cleaning and painting since. Also replaced axle pivot bushings and radius arm bushings. I think I have everything I need except the Warn 37780...
  7. f6boomer

Post a Picture of your lifted BroncoII

'87 Eddie Bob Just one more for now.
  8. f6boomer

Post a Picture of your lifted BroncoII

'87 Eddie Bob 2" Skyjacker coils, stock rear OEM wheels w/ 235/75r-15 Treadwright retreads. '87 BII EB, 5 speed, 3.73 L/S
  9. f6boomer

Dana 35 Navaho

I'm wanting to put a 35 in my 87 Bii, I've found a 94 Navajo (07/94) at local Upullit JY. I'm assuming it's a Dana 35 just like an Explorer. My question concerns the 4 wheel ABS, is there anything that would keep me from or complicate my swap to my Bii? I don't want to take the ABS, just use the...
  10. f6boomer

Towed my BII to deer camp

Last weekend I towed my '87 BII from Dallas to Arkansas (650 mi round trip) behind my '03 Ram 1500, no it's not a Hemi. I used a tow bar bought from Harbor Frieght for $35 and a set of towing lights from Orielly's for $45. The $10 tow lights from HF blow off over 55 mph, guess how I know? Towed...
  11. f6boomer

L/S rear & front?

I'm planning to swap a D35 into my 87 B2 and want to know if the D4 axle code Explorer donor is L/S rear and front, or rear only? Thanks, Y'all. :icon_confused:
  12. f6boomer

L/S rear & front?

I am looking to swap a D35 TTB into my 87 B2. Does an Explorer w/ D4 axle code or any RBV for that matter have L/S in rear and front, or rear only? Thanks, Y'all
  13. f6boomer

Distributor won't go back in

I recently had my 2.9l rebuilt, then I re-assembled and installed it. When trying to start it, I realized the distributor was off 1 or 2 cogs. Pulled it and adjusted once, then pulled it again and now won't go all the way back in. It starts to engage the cam gear then won't go any further. We...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad