• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by FillMarr

1. FillMarr

Using 03 model dome light on 07 ranger

Hey all, I just swapped my 03 RWD ranger for an 07 4x4 this year. Loving it. One thing I miss is having the dome light switch on the actual light. The roll switch/dimmer near the headlight switch isn't accessible by the passenger. I want to know if there is a way to use an older-style dome...
  2. FillMarr

1996 STX Supercab update

How do the coil spacers affect your ride, and what did you do in the rear (add a leaf?)? Looks awesome!!
  3. FillMarr

Cranks but sometimes doesn’t start

Update: Battery has 12.6 volts, solenoid seems fine (it always cranks)... My brother let me borrow his more sophisticated scan tool. I have the following error codes. I suppose this cries "take me to the dealer" or..... "do nothing, I'm just old!" P1260 - "Theft detected, vehicle immobilized"...
  4. FillMarr

Radio: muted when in Drive/Reverse

Fuse 28 seems fine. I have another symptom that could be related, I suppose as some type of anti-theft protection.... P1260 - "Theft detected, vehicle immobilized" possible cause: Antitheft system has failed. Possible fixes: - replace instrument cluster, - preform parameter reset...
  5. FillMarr

Thank you. I will look into all 4 possibilities and update.
  6. FillMarr

Does that mean it wasn’t an issue with the radio in your opinion? Just curious at this point. Thanks.
  7. FillMarr

In the end, a new radio did the trick! Got a Sony touch screen, I love it.
  8. FillMarr

Hey all, I just did the fuel filter, I have a 2007 ranger 4x4 XLT with 180k on it. Recently sometimes (not always) I have trouble starting it. When I turn the key, it’ll crank always but sometimes “gets caught” or something and it stops cranking. Usually when I turn the key off and try again it...
  9. FillMarr

Hey all, I’ve done some investigative work here. The radio works only in Park and Neutral, whether or not the truck is on or just the ignition is on. Problem is, the sound gets muted when in Drive, reverse, or in gear. The radio/screen/clock stays on, but sound is muted. I noticed that each of...
  10. FillMarr

04-05 Grill for my 2007 Ranger?

I meant to say 04-05 girll.**** The only difference from what I can tell is that it takes a 7" emblem, not a 9". With that, I would love to know if I can change the Fender "Ranger" emblem from the rectangle '06+ version to the pre '06 version with just the Ranger letters. Does anyone know if...
  11. FillMarr

04-05 Grill for my 2007 Ranger?

Hey all- I love the look of the 04-06 grills. I just replaced my 2003 Ranger with a 2007. The chrome grill is a bit much for me in the 2007. I can't see any reason why the 2007 Ranger Girll wouldn't accept a 2004-2006 style. All seem to have four 5.5mm bolts on top, with 2 clips at the bottom...
  12. FillMarr

Battery Gauge Fluctations

Hello! My alternator and battery both died last month, both really old, and I replaced them both with new units from Napa. Not sure if a fluctuating amp gauge needle is always something that has happened, but I’m seeing this needle go up and down a bit when lights, radio, etc, are on with the...
  13. FillMarr

Terrible Night

It was supposed to be a great day. I took my clean ranger -- which I just lifted Thursday with doetsch tech 3" spindles -- out for a day trip. I drove 4 hours total, and then ended up breaking down about 5 miles from home. That's not the story. The story is that was a Boston state trooper...
  14. FillMarr

Lower Ball Joint Loose in Control Arm

Hey guys, For starters, I already know they sell ball joint replacements with a slightly wider diameter for loose control arm holes, but I want to know how bad it would be to keep things as is for a while. I just replaced my lower ball joints, and I had to press new Moog replacements into...
  15. FillMarr

Spindles on ebay from "jmxautosports"?

Quick question, Anyone know anything about these 3" lift spindles from jmxautosports on ebay? "jmxautosports" https://www.ebay.com/itm/253473972553?ul_noapp=true Asking because my choices are either: 1. JMX Autosports 3" lift spindles for $250 2. Fabtech 3" lift spindles for $500+ 3...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad