• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by fireguy12117

1. 2.5L engine noise possibilities

Yes, another ubiquitous engine noise question... Most of what I could find all pertained to 2.3L motors in this forum, so I'll take a shot a question or 10 about the 2.5L. Lately i have notice a knock, or tap in the morning when starting up cold, that is gone by the time i get to work. The...
  2. timing belt when bang on highway!

yup, my dumb arse let it slip my mind in a really big way that i needed to address the timing belt on my 98. well, it forced its hand today on the way home from work on the highway. coming over the top of an overpass and i heard a "whump" and suddenly found myself piloting a dead vehicle...may...
  3. m5od shifter slipped while in gear

so, the shifter ball came out on me while the truck was in gear, 1st i think. now when re-installing i cannot get the thing to shift. how in the heck do i get out of this mess....
  4. m5od-r1 shifter came out in gear

delete me.
  5. M5od-R1 Fluid type

I just replaced my clutch a couple weeks ago and subsequently decided to change the fluid after seeing how easy it would be and that it has 209,000 miles on it. the problem is, for some damn reason my chiltons manual stated 80w oil for a manual trans. reading around the inter-webs i see mercon...
  6. Picked up a '04 ranger today!!

So long story short the 93 is getting too unreliable for the wife to drive as a DD for school and whatever else, so Thursday night we craigslist rangers and land on an 04 for sale where i work about 45min from home. Call the guy Friday, he comes by my work, we take a spin, i tell him im...
  7. Drive shaft yoke balancer, 98 w/5sp

I finally figured out the noise and vibration that i've been searching for. it seems as though i am of the lucky few to have the transmission output shaft yoke balancer come apart at the rubber that holds the 2 pieces together. on a quick search i see two solutions. drop the shaft and yank the...
  8. Engine temp drops at stop lights?

I've been noticing on the colder days in michigan that when i hit a stop light, the temp gauge starts to drop and the air coming out of the vents gets cooler. I assume the coolant thermostat is opening and closing when i idle. Is this just because the smaller 4 cylinder just doesnt produce...
  9. Actron scanner CP9110 w/ CP9112 cartridge

Christmas came early from my father in law. Apparently his mechanic was a Ford guy for 20 years and scored a Rotunda full computer cart from the dealership closing. It had a gutted PC but everything else, every break out cable you could imagine for OBD1 systems was in it. I scored a PCM...
  10. Anyone have O2 issues after new headers?

I put a rebuilt motor together last year and this past summer ive been getting a CEL that for the last couple times i ran the codes came up as rich codes on the O2 sensors. Its a rebuilt motor with almost new everything for sensors, fuel management...while i was at it i threw some hedman headers...
  11. strangest thing...

I connect up all the vacuum lines and I get a P0401... I pull the vac line for the EVAP, reset the CEL, and P0104 goes away... WTF?:icon_confused: I've been fighting that egr flow code all summer long. first it was a busted egr tube, then a bad sensor, so on, so on...basically rebuilt the...
  12. General engine questions

Whats a normal operating temperature range (min/max) for these motors? Whats a good vacuum reading for these motors at highway cruising speed? Has anyone experience trouble with a modified exhaust causing CEL's, say for instance lean codes? I just took the 93 out for a 2300 mile round trip...
  13. DTC 172 176 & 542 help

in a nut shell, these were CM codes i pulled up. I'm taking the 93 4.0 from michigan to maine and i'd like to ensure this is either not an issue, or gets fixed. how are the three related? 72 and 76 say left and right lean. are they in fact bad, stuck lean, or is say the MAF off, throwing the...
  14. Vacuum gauge readings- need help

ive been trying to troubleshoot EGR codes for a little bit now and i seem to have taken one big step backwards on it all. i have essentially rebuilt the whole EGR system by now, the last thing being the EGR valve itself. driving home today i got another CEL: 0401, 0455, and 0800. i cant find...
  15. 2.5L EGR questions

has anyone had EGR insufficient flow codes and had success solving the issue? I've been fighting this sumbitch for months now and had no luck whats-so-ever. Replaced EGR tube since it cracked and failed near a DFPE senor pickup tube. new EGR vacuum soleniod new DFPE sensor new vacuum like...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad