• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by fixizin

1. fixizin

Mazda M5OD-R1 transmission drain/fill plug gaskets

Well, when sitting still, level ground, engine off. ;) I had a Fill-plug leak... was it "driven" by the splasher thingy on the input shaft? Bouncing down trails? Nope, but when you have a BLACK truck in the SUN-belt, shaded/covered parking is king. For 3+ years had a sweet shady spot at work...
  2. fixizin

Need the OEM part # for the PVH hub-lockers...?

Dang, I've heard SO many stories on cranking up the torsion-bars... as terms of needing new "eccentrics", etc... If I go just 2 clicks stiffer/higher, do I need anything besides a re-alignment?
  3. fixizin

95 Ford Ranger 3.0 Manual 4x2 Transmission Replacement

Great job! MAJOR man-points! (Just the same, hope I never have to do it... at least until I get a garage again...) What are your plans for the old trans? Should have trade-in/core value to a rebuild shop. VERY weird that it seemed to have motor oil in it... was there anything...
  4. fixizin

95 Ford Ranger 3.0 Manual 4x2 Transmission Replacement

Err, umm, your title says 4x2, but in your video I can clearly the 4x4 selector knob???? :unsure: You sure there's not a transfer case hiding under there? o_O
  5. fixizin

Updating the Tech Library Transmission section - Suggestions Needed

A minor contribution to "the cause"... I probably posted this in the wrong section: https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/m5od-aluminum-crush-washers-for-fill-drain-plugs-napa-replacement-704-1974.202495/#post-1969248
  6. fixizin

Yep, ATF definitely leads a much easier (and lower temperature) life in a manual than in a mix-master A4LD
  7. fixizin

Mind the TORQUE--only 36 ft. lbs... don't want that cheap steel plug stripping out your EXpensive ALUMINUM tranny case! Closest replacement for aluminum crush gaskets is NAPA Part # 704-1974... I had to buy 10 though... figure 4 for the future and 4 free to a good home...
  8. fixizin

Yepper, Factory/OEMs went to 42k, replaced w/ Detroit Axle brand, and like clockwork, DONE @ 84k, put Timkens in this time... I mean I now have 87k on a '99!... that's less than 4k/year!... stuff may be dying from UNDER-use/salt-air... or curses cast on me by witches past GFs. :oops:;) PS: what...
  9. fixizin

So then does the live-axle setup do away with that pricey sealed bearing-hub assembly that only lasts for 40k miles?
  10. fixizin

First off, THANKS MUCH for the link, Tasca looks like a promising resource, even if not for this part. Secondly, doesn't the live-axle setup come with "heavy" steering and handling?... and reduced MPG? Just curious, part-time 4WD suits my needs... unless I do that fabled rear-mounted TURBO...
  11. fixizin

Yes, the dreaded 1998-2000 vacuum-actuated hub-lockers (aka "hubs") as seen here: https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/use-xg-8-baby-blue-grease-on-pvh-hubs.188218/post-1775204 If not the whole assembly, then at least the main nylon "body" piece. PS: teach a man to...
  12. fixizin

1998 & Newer specific Ranger problems.....

Perhaps it was the TRANSFER CASE that jumped to Neutral, not the trans?? Please report back.
  13. fixizin

>> ALUMINUM hood blistered with corrosion, need short- and long-term fixes.

Da OOGLY truth: Orange "stuff" is sunrise-glare, not rust... (rust is on the steel parts, durn...) o_O:(:unsure:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad