• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Fordstraydog

1. Relay

Hi, does anyone have the oem part numbers for the EEC power relay for a 87 with 2.3? I tried one from Auto zone standard brand but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated. Or a place to buy one would be great too. Thanks
  2. 1987 2.3 high idle

OK I'll go back and recheck that. When I say drops it goes from 1400 to 700or a little lower. Thanks keep helping I need it! !!!
  3. 1987 2.3 high idle

The temp sensor that's below thottlebody was changed out recently . Had issue before and after.thanks for your input it helps
  4. 1987 2.3 high idle

Rusty ol ranger, I don't think so. It's like something is telling it to idle up,. Going to ohm out intake temp sensor tomorrow hopefully! !!
  5. 1987 2.3 high idle

Unplug and plug with caps, spray carb cleaner which a couple people say do, and even took it to a shop and they checked too. I found the tank vent grommet was loose so I changed that too
  6. 1987 2.3 high idle

How I found it runs fine under 1/4 tank of gas . Drove to feed store one morning it ran fine so I drove it around more and it was fine. Stop at the gas station filled it up drove home which is a mile from there.I ate lunch then drove it and high idle was back. I siphoned gas to 1/4 tank where it...
  7. 1987 2.3 high idle

I appreciate the help!!! Checked vacuum lines ,nothing . When I drive it and it stays idling high, I unplug IAC and it goes to normal. So leads me to a sensor or something in wiring causing it. I unplugged the tps too when it's high and it stays high . Can intake air temp sensor cause this?
  8. 1987 2.3 high idle

Yes it's EFI. The IAC is new , map sensor is new,.
  9. 1987 2.3 high idle

Help, I got a 87 ranger with 2.3 . After driving for 10mins or so it idles at 1200 to1400 but if I have a 1/4 tank of gas or less it's fine. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad