• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by forzdab4000

1. 2003 B4000 Tips for new owner - now with gas leak

Thanks for the help. It turns out some squirrels decided to eat the fuel lines. I ended up having to replace all of fuel lines and the pump. Everything was working fine and then after it sitting for a few days I took it on a 100 mile drive. During the drive whenever I stopped at a light there...
  2. 2003 B4000 Tips for new owner - now with gas leak

Sorry for the delayed response and thanks again for the welcome and the tips. I will be sure to use the right acronym OBD vs old dirty bastard for sure from now on. ODB, made me think of that short story from Sin City. Either way I managed to get the OBD port working fine. Since then I have...
  3. 2003 B4000 Tips for new owner - now with gas leak

Thanks I will first check that for sure. If its labeled that clearly that would make things almost too easy ;)
  4. 2003 B4000 Tips for new owner - now with gas leak

Thanks all for the tips. I always assume that the former owner didn;t do much but surprisingly they claimed to have had a tune up and replaced the plugs and wires etc and sure enough they were new and the right brand! Lights, heat and electrical seems to be working well except for the ODB port...
  5. 2003 B4000 Tips for new owner - now with gas leak

Thanks for the additional tips, I will fix that location in my profile. I am in central NC. So far after having it for a few days no detectable rattle on start ~35F days but will do some further checking. I did check several areas for rust and everything looked ok but will take a closer look in...
  6. 2003 B4000 Tips for new owner - now with gas leak

Thanks for the fast reply and the tips. Greatly appreciate it. Will definitely do what you recommend.
  7. 2003 B4000 Tips for new owner - now with gas leak

Long time lurker and 2nd time ranger owner. I just picked up a white 2003 dual sport with the 4.0 engine and auto. It has about 122k miles on it and the check engine light is on but its running pretty ok. I have not had a chance to connect to get the code but will in the next day. I am going to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad