• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by foxracing5491

1. best way to bolt something to a box frame?

im starting this thread to mainly see how people have bolted any bracketry to a boxframe with no access to the inside besides cutting a big hole. ive run into this problem with my panhard bar mount, but solved it with a couple of hrs of finger f***ing one of my old ttb bracket bolts with the...
  2. sas dana 44

oops only saw first page, didnt know he already found the problem, i sumtimes put my 2 cent in even if im wrong. but least i try. and im not an idiot, just not crazy educated about this stuff. i research as i go and ive only been building my truck for a year and a half and ive already got pretty...
  3. sas dana 44

i may be wrong but im goin to try like hell to get them in there. i may just shave the outer of the ears and make an internal full clip fit. itll still be stronger then my bent to shit ears on my stock shaft until i can get some chromos or just final talk the guy that im selling his d60 for to...
  4. sas dana 44

every one says that but i just replaced a sheared 5-297 with a 760 and the hole in the knuckle was about 5 inches wide, i dont know if its because im runnin an 8 lug, the only problem i see is clearance issue with the threads of the lower ball joint
  5. sas dana 44

i installed a full spool in my d44 sas and have that same problem. it was worse in snow when my back tire would spin do to open diff. your rear is getin less traction then you front or vise versus causing the suspension to travel. mine is only slight, so im goin to just deal with it until i get...
  6. stuffing 5-86x into ball joint dana 44

i put a 76 ford dana 44 high pinion 8 lug into my ranger. i received a low pinion drum brake hd dana 44 and would like to stuff the 5-86x axles shafts into my light duty 44. the only clearance issues i see is lower ball joint threads and fitting it in thru the knuckle. i was thinking grind the...
  7. 3" wide shoes for 73-79 d60

scroll to bottom for shorter verssion i recently picked up a 74 d60 from a 3/4 ton 8 lug f250. my problem was that 35 years have not been too kind to the brake assemblies and the backing plates were completely rotted out. so i trashed the backing plates and kept the drums and hubs since they...
  8. SAS Dana 44 off 79 F150

depends on what wheels your using. i have a 8.8 explorer axle under my truck right now, with stock steely rims which have a centered backspacing and 35's mounted. i just finished the brakes on my full width d60 from an f250 and rolled it behind my truck with the stock wheels with 31's that were...
  9. Please post your axle photos..........

i have a 74 f250 3/4 ton d60 rear that i just modified to 3" wide brakes shoes from a 99 e350 turbo diesel. and matching drum brake lp closed knuckle kingpin which i believe to be a d44. and also a what i believe to be a 76 f250 D44 hp 3/4 ton. i will post pics once i get some.
  10. 4.0 hanging idle loss of power

i have searched all the current threads on this same problem with no prevail. my truck is (yes) a frankenstein. it started out a 95 2.3l manual. i have swapped in a 99 4.0l engine from an auto. 96 transmission, wiring harness, computer and sensors to not have to deal with pats and so i wouldnt...
  11. ford 9" swap into 95 ranger

i may be getting a ford 9" and d44 from a 78 f150 which i was wondering the best way to set up the drive shafts. i have a 8.8 in it now with a flange, i know the 9" has a yoke. and then theres the d44, ive read that the 78 d44 and my d35ttb both should have a 1310 series yoke.
  12. 95 2.3 swap to 99 4.0

i was looking over the donor truck and realized the fuel system on the two trucks are completely different. the 4.0 does not have a fuel return. but it does have a bigger tube than runs to the back of the gas tank, a separate tank mounted under the bed behind the fuel tank and runs to the front...
  13. 99 4.0 attached to a 4r44e swap into a 95 2.3 with a m50d and ttb

99 4.0 attached to a 4r55e swap into a 95 2.3 with a m50d and ttb my 95 2.3 has a m50d. the transfer case has a yoke because of the double cardan joint. the 4.0 is bolted to a 4r55e, and the 99 has ifs so the transfer case has a flange. will the transfer case on the m50d bolt right to the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad