• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Fredness

1. Fredness

2.3L ('83-'97) I seek 2.3L Understanding

Ditto, `98-`01 is a 2.5L, but the same Lima basics. That '99-'07 is an improperly attributed Duratec Engine, not compatible. I'd look for a company that can figure that out...
  2. Fredness

2.5L ('98-'01) 2.3 to 2.5 conversion questions

If it did it until it wouldn't start, check the crank sensor, mine was dingged up on the face. 176,000 miles.
  3. Fredness

2.5L ('98-'01) 2.3 to 2.5 conversion questions

2.5L uses 1/2 of a thrust bearing on the block side, and it appears to be a common failure; mine had .119" of endplay - only .107" out of spec. But, the 2.5L has up to 3x the endplay of a 2.3L. Mine was a ballooned torque converter.
  4. Fredness

2.3L ('83-'97) Pinging?

FIX the exhaust leak first. And exhaust leak can allow air IN to be misread by the O2 sensors. THEN you can look at the pinging issue...
  5. Fredness

2.5L ('98-'01) Intermittent throttle. Can't drive it....Issue now rectified.

If the MAF has failed, it reverts back to a Failed MAF table - it should throw a code and run like normal - but no "Learning". I'd look at the voltage from the Throttle Position Sensor and make sure it is working and not "dropping out" during its sweep.
  6. Fredness

2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3l confused and need major help

Fuel Pump Fuel Pressure Regulator Regulator is cheaper/easier, but not likely the problem. How many miles? When (if ever) was the pump replace (and with what)?
  7. Fredness

2.3L ('83-'97) 92 2.3L 4 cylinder 8 spark plug swap with 90 2.3L 4 cylinder 4 spark plug

That being said - Look at the lower (and upper) intakes - on some swaps, the intake(s) need to be changed, and that makes other things complicated. If you have a distributor, and late 2.3/2.5 head lower intake will not fit with the distributor/brackets/accessories of the early engine. The HEADS...
  8. Fredness

2.5L ('98-'01) Research help - block markings...

Looking for images of the "DISA" mark, passenger side cyl #2. Mine is 3 DISA, I have also seen 4 DISA... Looking to get an idea of how many castings Ford was using.. Thx
  9. Fredness

2.5L ('98-'01) 2000 Ford Ranger Parts

4R44e on the 2.5L SOHC 5R44E on the 3.0L OHV 5R55E on the 4.0L SOHC 5R55E (with 6 pinion planetary gears) on 4.0L SOHC 4x4 But yes. The key phrase is; You want to buy a "Core" A used transmission requires a core exchange and may be returned. A "Core" is just that, and is no return, no warranty.
  10. Fredness

2.3L ('83-'97) Standard rings ?

Metric vs. Standard... Also, what are you measuring WITH, and where are you measuring? If you are using a standard Dial Micrometer, it is difficult to get a good reading on a used block due to the ring ridge.
  11. Fredness

1994 B4000 A4LD to 4R55?

4R44/4R55/5R44 are all downgrades. BEST would be a performance built 4x4 A4LD - for reasons. A 4x4 5R55E would be a good second choice, assuming you don't mind losing a gear (if you stay with the '94 PCM) or changing to an OBDII PCM. I have been able to use a 4R44E as a 5R44E - but it required...
  12. Fredness

SOHC 4.0 thermostat housing upgrade

My 2005 Sport Trac had two sensor holes, one was not used. Got the Mustang single sensor unit. Works great!
  13. Fredness

2.5L ('98-'01) Exhaust manifold for '98 2.5L?

Crack in the cat/flange leak causes air to get sucked in, between pulses, and causes the O2 sensor to get bad readings - it can cause lots of problems. I would change the O2, if it has been more than 75K since you did it last. Prefer Motorcraft - if you can find them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad