• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Freshmeat

1. Freshmeat

1994 Ranger Transfer Case New Speed Sensor?

If anyone has a link to the pins I'd need to run new wires and just hope I can get enough bite on what's left at the sensor, I'd be open to that, too.
  2. Freshmeat

1994 Ranger Transfer Case New Speed Sensor?

Hey guys- I'm setting up the 4x4 drivetrain for the conversion on my 1994. EDIT: Does anyone know where I can find a new speed sensor or whatever is the device in the picture? I can't find it anywhere and the wiring on this one is corroded all the way into the sensor. I'm attempting a redneck...
  3. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

All-new A/C install is complete and charged. It took some trial and error learning to use the vacuum pump and gauges, but I got the hang of it. Went cruising around, playing with my thermal gun and caught an entertaining drop in temps. It seems to hold around 34-36* driving around (92-94*...
  4. Freshmeat

What’s for dinner tonite!

If you get one with a frame for the traditional grill feel, make sure you buy one with wheels. I went “cheap” on my Blackstone and pretty much never used it because it was a pain in the ass and didn’t feel like adding wheels so now it’s my brother’s.
  5. Freshmeat

What’s for dinner tonite!

Hey, I was just taking a picture of my air box and too exhausted to crop the picture for you nosy people. You guys are the ones scanning the perimeter trying to see if my junk was in the picture!
  6. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

In my opinion, everyone should own at least one kilt!
  7. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

😂😂 I have bad knees so I wear Vibram FiveFingers shoes to help with that. They’re awesome. As for the kilt, I started wearing them for festivals and costume-based events (I have younger kids and I’m the dad who typically fully engages in an activity with them)… I decided they’re more comfortable...
  8. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

That’s the floor of my garage. It originally had carpet, but with my grinding and welding, it was a fire hazard so I pulled it, then didn’t care rnough to strip the glue.
  9. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

(Ignore this post.)
  10. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

Okay, so the tint gave me the itch to get the a/c working again. It’s been torn apart for 13 years, now. Ordered a kit with condenser, compressor, drier, orifice tube, o-rings, and PAG oil. Added an evaporator core, hoses, switches, and the refrigerant. I thought the condenser would be the worst...
  11. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

Went and had the windows tinted this week. It’ll be a while still before I put the A/C back together and trying to daily this in 100*+ temps with clear windows is BRUTAL. Took advantage of the latest ceramic tint technology that supposedly blocks 95%+ heat (I don’t remember the specifics) and it...
  12. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

Hahahaha! Yeah, it was a similar fate but rat damage for me. Not something they could have controlled. No big deal. I’ll be converting this to 4x4, yes. I have my personal/emotional reasons for making the change after all these years and I look forward to the “build”. In quotes because I don’t...
  13. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

Doubt anyone still checks in, but it’s still kicking. Somehow. About 8mo ago I pulled the whole front suspension and replaced all the bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, and brakes. It was all original (except brakes), nearly 30yo and guessing around 240k (we don’t know how many miles were...
  14. Freshmeat

1993 Ranger Battery Cable Question

I think I’m going to connect it to the frame. Thanks for the help!
  15. Freshmeat

Project Papa J

This is about as cleaned up as it gets. I did perform a full glass service the other day. Debating on tint, but probably won’t ever get to it. ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad