• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by GingerKing13

1. GingerKing13

Rack for a 92 Ranger?

did you ever find one that worked for you?
  2. GingerKing13

SOLVED: 1988 2.9 5-speed “popping and gurgling” consistently when coasting in gear or down shifting

SOLVED: Replaced the ICM and it idles perfectly, no lag in throttle input, and no more popping on the decel. Thanks for the input guys. FYI: My ICM screws were PHILLIPS head! not 7/32 or a torx.
  3. GingerKing13

Random Miss/Stutter

What did you re-replace it with? Is there a Motorcraft Part Number? Rockauto does not carry it.
  4. GingerKing13

SOLVED: 1988 2.9 5-speed “popping and gurgling” consistently when coasting in gear or down shifting

The tach doesn’t “bounce” by itself. It does follow the engine rpm as it stumbles or hesitates, or surges, etc.. I can feel the fluctuation as it appears on the tach.
  5. GingerKing13

SOLVED: 1988 2.9L 4x4 EXT cab | what fuel pump is the right one for my tank?

SOLVED! I replaced the "VENT VALVE" Dorman #: 911060 on the top of the tank and it fixed my issue! Pressure was not releasing from the tank once fuel level reached connection of the filler neck to the tank. Ended up replacing the tank as well due to the crud that had built up from the rusting...
  6. GingerKing13

SOLVED: 1988 Super Cab BW1350 manual shift/manual hubs, Extreme vibrations when hubs are locked in...

SOLVED! Thank you for the input SenorNoob, It was a U-Joint on the front driveshaft.
  7. GingerKing13

Okay, there about $10 I could do that. What about the capacitor that runs off of one of the green wires and is mounted on the fender liner?
  8. GingerKing13

Its seen better days but the connection is tight on the two terminals.
  9. GingerKing13

Hey guys, 1988 2.9L 5-speed 4x4 super cab intermittently on idle and when driving the truck has a little stumble (flutter in RPM down). Generally it idles and runs smooth but have noticed more lately stumbling a little bit on the highway and stumbling tach and RPM on startup occasionally...
  10. GingerKing13

SOLVED: 1988 Super Cab BW1350 manual shift/manual hubs, Extreme vibrations when hubs are locked in...

They are non-greasble but Havent been replaced in 6 years. It started doing it shortly after a pretty gnarly rutted trail I was not expecting and have never flexed it that hard.
  11. GingerKing13

Hubs not locked in 2WD there is not vibration or noise and drives great. Hubs locked and in 2WD or 4WD hard vibration and speed up with increasing vehicle speed.
  12. GingerKing13

1988 Super Cab FM146 BW1350 manual shift/manual hubs, Extreme vibrations when hubs are locked in 2WD and 4WD... It feels Fine when hubs are not locked in 2WD! This started during a day of wheeling at the end of the day. Suddenly I had a very noticeable vibration from the t-case shifter and the...
  13. GingerKing13

SOLVED: 1988 2.9L 4x4 EXT cab | what fuel pump is the right one for my tank?

Gotchya, the reservoir is mounted on the frame before the high pressure pump. There is no plastic can around the pump/sending unit.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad