• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by gotmudd

1. gotmudd

This Is What A Bad Day Is About

BEFORE [/IMG] :yahoo: after my bad day [/IMG] [/IMG] :icon_confused: :annoyed: brakes locked in the rain and slid through a stop sign at 25mph and hit a 2006 chevy monte carlo ss, people had hedges planted on the corner and i couldn't see over them when i started to slide and when i slid through...
  2. gotmudd

what do i need

as many of you are aware i was in search of a different axle set up for my 73 F250 :wub: ,anyway i have located my axle, but have run into a snag on the brakes. some background on my current set up: manual brakes w/4 wheel drums, brake lines are 3/16 from master cylinder to proportioning valve...
  3. gotmudd

what to rename my truck?

[/IMG] [/IMG] my new, to me any way, dana44 open knuckle :icon_bounceblue: :icon_bounceblue: i painted the housing with undercoating and the diff cover with what is supposed to be "shamrock green" . gotta tell ya that looks alot like john deere green to me :D , so i was thinking, hmmmm.... i...
  4. gotmudd

pre-1979 BOM num bers for dana

sorry for not posting in the complete, this axle came out of a leaf sprung 1975 F250, it is open knuckle 8 lug the reason i am curious about the BOM is because i tried to find a brake rotor for it and the only way i could get one is by going to a 1977. the parts books show calipers and pads for...
  5. gotmudd

pre-1979 BOM num bers for dana

i have a dana44 6EF bom number 603663 1. i have searched this site and other as well, the only thing i come up with on a BOM search, shows BOM numbers for 1979 and later. i went to the 'official dana site' and entered mine and it came back with, 'not found', FWIW it was a link from our own BOM...
  6. gotmudd

my job and what i do[ vid clips]

commercial fishing at its best[ vid clips] here are some vid clips of my workplace and related topicshttp://trs.powertvonline.com/video/7118this video shows us running bouyline for the last end, my brother is in the sweater and i'm on the left hand side of the screen. and in case you're...
  7. gotmudd

how do you stop video jacking?

i have uploaded several videos to the video galley in the hopes of using them to start a thread showing my line of work and what do ya know but TRS MEDIA jacks my video and starts a thread in the video forum without so much as a by your leave, think that is a whole bunch of :bsflag: :bsflag...
  8. gotmudd

8 hour smoke fest

so, how many of your brains went in the wrong direction with that title? actually i picked up some salmon real cheap :D , $2.50 a pound at the dock. brought it home,filleted them out, cut them in chunks. got 16 nice pieces. soaked them in a homemade brine, recipe as follows: 3/4cup canning salt...
  9. gotmudd

new homebrew bumper

i have finally got around to fabbing up my front bumper. as some of you probably remember, a couple of weeks ago i did a swan dive out of my engine bay from 5ft in the air off of my stock bumper :haha: :pissedoff: :black_eye: . i have the layout pretty much done and welded together [ will post...
  10. gotmudd

Removing top speed govenor??

:icon_confused: unless you plan on taking it to the track, why would you want to go faster than 90mph anyhow? how's your performance up to 90mph? if 90mph ain't fast enough, try leaving earlier :D . not trying to be a smart a$$ but unless you plan your truck putting out insane horsepower you...
  11. gotmudd

dana 44

even though you may be right, because i'v never drove a 4x4 with anything less than 6 lugs, therefore i have no experience with the 5x5.5 stuff, i did however have the pleasure of watching a guy that i couldn't stand twist the studs right off of his 5x5.5 trying to run 40 inch tires. he felt...
  12. gotmudd

dana 44

if you are going to go to the bother of putting a dana 60 under it, why would you want to go with a 5 hole bolt pattern? if it already has an 8 lug pattern you'd spend less money, i'm thinking, to get yourself some 8 hole rims. from the sounds of it, you have a moderate to nasty motor, not to...
  13. gotmudd

lifted trucks and slick bumpers

as you all can see from my avitar, i drive a fullsize ford. what you can't get a good impression of is how high it sits when on level ground :icon_hornsup: . on level ground i am @ 3ft at the bumper and almost 5ft to the hood latch :icon_hornsup: . anyway i was working on my truck yesterday and...
  14. gotmudd

parts manufacturers suck

:temper:finally got my truck back from the tranny shop today and was told that the support bushings on my transfer case were almost toast:bawling:[mine is a divorced unit, 4 studs screwed into the top of case, 2 on each side] said that he couldn't get to it right away as they were backed up...
  15. gotmudd

buyer beware

well i just got the transmission put in my truck today and boy what a pain in the a$$:black_eye:, not to mention a few other body parts. i must warn you people out there though, that if you find yourself in the situation that i was in and you have to get a boneyard tranny, to do two things...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad